How do i get my 8 month old to go to bed without a bottle?

She eats and has a bottle before bed and she still insists on going to bed with one. I want her to be able to lay down and go to sleep with out relying on a bottle

newlife627

Asked by newlife627 at 8:31 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Shes still pretty young my 8 month old nurses all night long sometimes, maybe she wants it if she gets hungry in the middle on the night.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 8:41 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Maybe she isn't ready yet. My DD has a high metabolism like her father, so I give her a bottle before bed to ensure Mommy gets at least 8-9hrs of sleep.
    Aeternam

Answer by Aeternam at 11:44 PM on May. 9, 2011

• are you meaning you give her a bottle and then put her to bed OR you put her to bed with her bottle?

If your feeding it to her BEFORE you put her to bed, I don't see the problem with it.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 12:10 AM on May. 10, 2011

• you could just lay her down and let her cry it out...its very hard but a couple of days is all it takes..my little guy nurses so sometimes he falls asleep nursing but if he doesnt fall asleep nursing I sing him a little song give him a hug and kiss and lay him down..sometiems he will fuss a bit then go to sleep or osmetimes he goes right to sleep..I started this at 8 months and hes 10 months now..just got to be persistent..trust me it is hard but is soo good for them to figure out how to soothe themselves to sleep..GL!!
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 2:03 AM on May. 10, 2011

• i give her a bottle before bed and when i lay her down in bed. plus before either of those she gets baby food, 2-3 jars. she is quite the eater :)
    newlife627

Comment by newlife627 (original poster) at 9:51 AM on May. 10, 2011