Birthday!!

So my baby is turning 5 next month! =( This in itself makes me want to cry my eyes out. I guess ill go ahead and ask, how the hell did you moms get over you baby being 5? 5! i told him i didnt sign up for a 5 year old ever and that this will be his last birthday because next year he will just be 5 again and he was going to stop growing. Of course my child had to say "well mom, when kids sleep they grow" soo i simply replied, "then you arent ever going to sleep again =)"

Anywayys  back to my real question....What are some cool ideas for presents for a five year old? He is a pretty tall 5 year old too so somethings MEANT for his age are actually a little on the smaller side for him. Any and all ideas would be amazing! 

A couple birthday party suggestions wouldnt be half bad eaither =) 

thanks!!

god, 5 makes me want to cry =(

LovinMyJay4

Asked by LovinMyJay4 at 8:42 PM on May. 9, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Just to warn you, each birthday is like that! "ahh how are they possibly 5?" turns into "OMG, they are 6," then 7, ....I found 8 to be hard! My dd is 8 and ds is 5, going to be 6 in june.
    Ideas for bday presents, does he need a new bike? Basketball hoop, hockey net/stick/ uhhmmmm not sure what toys he is into, gaming at all? if so a system?
    For parties, check out your local parks n rec, they probably have lots of options, from bowling, to sports to local restaurants.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 9:27 AM on May. 10, 2011

• My DD will have her 5th birthday this August. We are having a party at the park. I am renting a picnic shelter, and grilling burgers. Her theme is Minnie and Mickey for SHE requested that. As for gifts, I like to get a toy that she REALLY wants for her gift. Last year we got her a scooter. What is your DS into? What does he say he wants?
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:50 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Chuck E. Cheeses, Jump Planet/Jump Zone, pool party, bowling party, Your local YMCA should have some party packages.

As for presents I'm rather clueless. My son is 7 and my daughter is 4.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:05 PM on May. 9, 2011

• He likes mario brothers. He really has not said much about what he wants and when I do ask him, he says things like marshmallows lol
    although he has mentioned a tree house
    LovinMyJay4

Comment by LovinMyJay4 (original poster) at 8:52 PM on May. 9, 2011