Diaper issue

My 11 month old daughter has been getting diaper rash pretty frequently in the past month or so. There has been no significant change in the foods she eats or what she drinks. We don't use any scented wipes on her & have tried using a wash cloth with just water on it to clean her off. We change her as soon as we notice she's wet or she lets us know. We have used Desitin on it & it seems to help. We hae also used a ointment her ped perscribed for infection. It clears it up, but now the skin in the pubic area looks & feels dry. I think its getting itchy cause she trys scratching it when her diaper is off. We are away from home for several weeks so we are unable to take her to dr. Any ideas to help give her relief from itch & to help with dryness?

kayleesmom42328

Asked by kayleesmom42328 at 8:49 PM on May. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I use cloth diapers but as far as disposables go, Target brand are the ONLY diapers I have ever used that didn't give my kids a rash (we use them when we travel). Good luck! Also, if it is a yeast infection try Clotrimazole (athlete's foot cream) on it. Talk to the pharmacist and they will recommend it- it sounds crazy but it works and it isn't at all expensive:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:57 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Baby powder or corn starch (if you can get a hold of corn starch, it is THE BEST!). And yeah, for diapers, the cheaper, the better, almost. Seems like the more expensive the diaper brand, the worse diaper rash would get.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:19 PM on May. 9, 2011

• we used lots of fresh air and vasoline and that helped with our son's diaper rash (he'd get it so bad he'd bleed) when he was littler! and he can only use huggies diapers or else he'll break out, storebrand for him is a big nono!!! GL!
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 9:43 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Ok This sounds gross but truest me it works I have told so many mothers about it and EVERY one has said they wished the ped had told them. My ped did tell me. I also work with young children so I have told about 55 families or so and everyone used it and never had the issue again. We used the stuff for jock itch. Lamisil
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 10:20 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Not sure if im spelling it right but its called CALDASCENE POWDER it comes in a pink container with a blue label you can find it at pretty much any drug store.GL
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 9:34 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Oh yeah and when you do get to the dr they may prescribe Nystatin cream or powder (in case its fungal) or like moma22 said lamisil
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 9:36 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Pinxave!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:09 PM on May. 10, 2011