Leapster 2 or Mobigo?

My son is 3 years old (as of January) and is super smart. For Christmas 2010, he got an iXL by Fisher Price. At first he loved it. He's got 2 games plus the free one. However, he's already mastered the games he has. I'm not very impressed with the selection of games. Anyhow, he's been playing on the computer since a year old. And has been playing my iPod since 2 years. (puzzle games, racing games, and he new favorite, Angry Birds).

Anyhow, with my son already mastering he current games, we are looking at upgrading him this Christmas. He LOVES playing the Leapster 2 when we go to the store. He's playing demos for 4 and 5 year olds and having no trouble with them.

I really like the selection of games for the Leapster 2 as well. But he also plays the MobiGo (just not as much), but I like that it's a touch screen like the iPod.

Question- Does your kid(s) have either the Leapster 2 or the MobiGo? Do they like them? What are the pros and cons? Has anyone kids have both? What are your thoughts?

Please keep in mind, my son is only 3 but is already learning at a first grade level.

Thanks!!

SouthernMama08

Asked by SouthernMama08 at 8:51 PM on May. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• i personally don't have either of them but my friends has a mobi-go for her autistic 3 year old and he loves the thing!! she says it is a great challenge for him and he never gets bored of it. Not meaning he plays it all the time just that it probably wont get tired and want something new
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 8:54 PM on May. 9, 2011

• ds has a L2..loves it..has about 6-7 games. we like it because its cheaper than 'that other handheld' game that every kid on the block has..and the games progress into a little harder series. he's had it for about two years, and the last time we went out of town, he decided NOT to bring it for the carride. (he just turned 6, btw, 2 wks ago) i think he's outgrown it, maybe?? either way, we got more than our money's worth out of it.
    plus, its sturdier than 'that other handheld'. lol!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:56 PM on May. 9, 2011

• We have 3 L2's(my 3 younger boys have them).....LOVE THEM!!! You can get games for the ages and they are ALL educational. We've never had any issues with them and you can get coupons for the games.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 9:15 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My sons are 4 and 5 and have the Leapster Explorer and have no problems with them. They love them.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:08 PM on May. 10, 2011