Not sure...

My partner of almost 4yrs. & I have discussed having another kid the last couple of days. We already have one son (who is my SS). He is 10yrs. old & visits with his father every weekend. My partner, brought up having a baby while she was frustrated with her sons' father last night. And then this evening we were talking about donors. Not sure how we started talking about it, but it happened.
My thing is I'm not sure if her reasons are clear. Is it just because she doesn't want a dad involved? I don't think that's a valid reason. But, tonight it seemed like she wanted us to have a baby so that it could be OURS.
I love our life now..as it is. Just the three of us. I don't know..I do go through baby phases of actually wanting to be pregnant and the experience of having a baby with her.
I hope I worded this the way I intended it to sound lol.

SarahM.1983

Asked by SarahM.1983 at 9:10 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Just make sure you keep talking about it and make sure you feel good about the decisions you and your partner are making. You don't want to bring a baby into the world and then have second thoughts b/c it'll be too late! GL Mama!
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 9:22 PM on May. 9, 2011

• wait till you both are sure 100 percent and good luck sweetie
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 9:16 PM on May. 9, 2011

• i'll be 28 in june. i AM thinking a lot. i just don't think it'd be wise to have a baby right now. it's nice to think about every once in awhile. but that's all for now. when i think about our current living situation and finances..it just doesn't seem like the right time for us.
    maybe, this is just a little phase for her right now. i hope. i like the thought of having a child that is ours. that we create together...i'm not sure how that would make my SS feel. he loves babies, but he also loves getting attention lol.
    SarahM.1983

Comment by SarahM.1983 (original poster) at 8:31 AM on May. 10, 2011