Can I BUY a break???!? Please?

This is more of a vent than a question so please bear with me.

This has NOT been my day in the kitchen. This morning I dumped half a pitcher of that Crystal Light (walmart brand) peach iced tea all over the inside of my fridge and all over the floor. This afternoon my son dumped a whole bag of animal crackers all over the kitchen floor. This evening while making Top Ramen for the kids I look up to see the stove ON FIRE!!! Something greasy/fatty had fallen between the burner and the drip pan and I didn't see it until it was on fire. And of course NOW the smoke alarms are sporadically going off. Not to mention I now have a migraine!

Will someone PLEASE!!!! boot Murphy's ass outta my house?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today (5/10) has been a LOT better than all that up there that happened yesterday. Thank you all for the comisseration and well wishes. It all made me smile and chuckle to know I'm not the only one that has bad days.

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 9:20 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• hope it got better
    RACINGMANIA

Answer by RACINGMANIA at 9:30 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I feel ya if you find where to buy them feel free to message me today has been hell on me too honey! But I've had to keep a smile on so that my kids or friends don't really notice
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 9:25 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I am having one of those days too, minus the fire. Hope your night goes better. I have given up and now I'm going to bed.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:33 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Heh, 20 minutes and my kids will be cuddling and going to bed. At least it's a nice day so even though I have ALL my windows open to blow the smoke out, I'm not miserable.

I really just had to vent because it was one of THOSE days today.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 9:42 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I hate those days! I hope it got better.
    alliesmom112

Answer by alliesmom112 at 9:50 PM on May. 9, 2011

• And just forgot till now: My son's principal called this evening. He and another child have been roughhousing/fighting at the corner (they walk) and on the way to school. To the point that someone's about to be shoved into oncoming traffic.

If I drank it would be at least a one-beer night.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 9:52 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I'm sorry... I'm kind of feeling the same way tonight. As a wise person once said, "This too shall pass..."
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 9:57 PM on May. 9, 2011

• LOL karischub. I know it will, and nothing else rotten has happened since I finally got the smoke detectors to stop beeping. Just had to get this off my mind/chest since my husband is at work and it's hard to call and bitch at him.

It ALWAYS helps to know that I'm not the only one going through whatever I'm going through.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 10:02 PM on May. 9, 2011

• AHHHHHHH, I don't there's anything better than having exhausted kids fall asleep on you while cuddling and watching Wheel of Fortune. My evening has just gotten LOTS better.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 10:37 PM on May. 9, 2011

• glad your night got better!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 11:49 PM on May. 9, 2011