Already potty trained accidents adult content

A good friend of mine asked me over the weekend if it was normal for her 3 year old daughter to have 5 "accidents" a day after being potty trained for a year. She says her daughter won't tell her she has to go until its too late or will go hide somewhere and pee her pants. I told her she might be stressed out or upset about something and to talk to the pediatrician about it. The grandma is concerned she may be diabetic. Anyone dealt with this??

dragonlady320

Asked by dragonlady320 at 9:30 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Your advice about talking to a pediatritian is good. If it is a recent development, it could be a UTI. It causes decreased bladder control, and they are more likely to hold it until it is too late because it hurts to pee.

If it's NOT a UTI it's good to already be talking to a pedi. There are all sorts of things that could be going on.

My 6 yo DD was fully potty trained - day and night - for two years when her accidents started. We did have UTI issues and issues with severe eczema that backed up onto her urethra.

Doctor is the way to go. It is frustrating - so very, very frustrating.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 9:47 PM on May. 9, 2011