What is dating like as a single mom?

sorry if it sounds stupid. Just wondering because I know it's different than before you had a child (obviously)
Does anyone find it easier, harder...?

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 9:31 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• have no idea , ive been a single mom since february and i have no desire to date or be with a man in any way. so,,,i will prob never know :)
    cnv13085

Answer by cnv13085 at 9:35 PM on May. 9, 2011

• It was harder for me, especially since I didn't have a babysitter to go out on dates, and I didn't want my dates around my child yet. But if it's the right guy, he will stick around until you figure it out. :)
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 9:43 PM on May. 9, 2011

• i dont go out on dates EVER.. the men i have been with since having my kids usually come to my house or i go to theres
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 9:45 PM on May. 9, 2011

• It sucks! I freaking got divorced when my kid was 2. Had been on like 4 dates in 10 years and now I am getting married after dating my man for a year.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:03 PM on May. 9, 2011

• i don't have time or energy to date. i am prob doomed to being single forever. lol.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 10:20 PM on May. 9, 2011

• It's harder. It requires more planning than when you're childless, and for me anyway, I was a lot more picky about who I went out with. I didn't want to take time away from my kids to go out with some loser that I had nothing in common with, and if I did end up on a date with someone I didn't like or didn't share common interests with, I'd find myself wishing I was home with my kids...or if they were in bed, wishing I was home in a hot bubble bath with a good romance novel alone. lol

But...it can also be worth it. When I met my SO, it made the dating worth it. He made me laugh, and he accepted my kids, and was completely understanding of the planning involved in getting together, and that I'd have to cancel if my kids got sick, or the sitter canceled, or whatever else might come up when you have kids. In fact, he was so cool, he was willing to get together during the day while my kids were in school. :)
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:01 AM on May. 10, 2011

• it was harder for me. guys aren't interested in having kids. But my so kinda fell into my lap, and hes really good with my son. (finally)
    ILoveAsherAthan

Answer by ILoveAsherAthan at 10:33 AM on May. 10, 2011