Flying - Does anyone know...

if you can bring snacks like dried fruit and nuts in little tupperware containers in a carryon bag?

And what about medicine like tylenol?

I'm not seeing anything about either of these on the TSA website.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Travel

• i think with tylenol you can as long as its in the small bottle and not sure with the dried fruits but should also be able to.
    blinksweetp

Answer by blinksweetp at 9:37 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Yes, you can bring dried snacks like what you described.

You can definitely bring tylenol in pill form. If you want to bring it in liquid form it has to be a very small size (3 oz at most, I think), and you have to place it in a small plastic bag that you will remove from your carry-on for inspection.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 9:37 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Since they are charging so much for snacks on the airplanes now, most people seem to be bringing their own food on the plane. You can pack snacks at home. No Water bottles or jars of peanut butter though. I usually take sandwiches, a ziplock bag with fruits, wheat crackers, and nuts. You can take peanut butter sandwiches, but no jars of PB.
    Tylenonl I don't know about. I would assume as long as it is in the original container and less than 3 oz it should be okay.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 9:40 PM on May. 9, 2011

• it depends on where u r going. If u r going to Hawaii, u can't.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:48 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I just flew and was able to bring almonds (in a ziploc bag), fruit bars, candy, and Advil in one of those little tubes/personal size. No problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 AM on May. 10, 2011