Are dreams really reality waiting to happen????? Please help me!!

I'm really, really scared because I had a dream a few nights ago and my dream was that I died at the age of 30. I just turned 28 and I'm praying that this does not happen because I have a 2 year old daughter who means the world to me and I do not want to leave her.

Please help me!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, dreams are not prophetic. They're just your mind's way of sorting out whatever is going on in your subconscious.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 9:40 PM on May. 9, 2011

• No dreams are not foreshadowing of the future. It is your subconscious working while the rest of your brain rests and recharges. If it were a predictor of the future I would have the ability to fly and my third child would be a boy not a girl, and able to cast spells or allow those holding her to cast spells.
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 9:42 PM on May. 9, 2011

• as PP said, it's your subconscious that dreams refer to. it's mostly about the emotions in our dreams rather than the subject matter. and depending on the dream the death could be a renewal or needing to end something. your brain is trying to solve it's waking problems while you are sleeping.
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 9:43 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I drempt last night that my fiance was totally having freaky sex with his ex and I can promise you that's not the case!
    Anonymous

• My dreams tell me things or foreshadow things. It has freaked me out often. However, when I dream that someone has died, it is always right before something really great happens to them. When that happens, I know that they are pregnant or just got engaged, etc. I've always been right thus far!

With myself, I've dreamed that I died or was dead and I'm still here. Don't stess. :)
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:46 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I believe that dreams are just your mind's way of sorting out and processing through all the information it's given every day.

Perhaps you have concerns that you are not taking care of yourself as well as you should and this is your subconscious way of letting you know.

I don't think they predict what will happen in our future at all - if they did, I'd be dead a dozen times over by now.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 9:47 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Also, did you hear in the news of someone passing away at 30? I had a weird dream the other day involving my relatives. After pondering I realized it related to something in the news, with my relatives representing the truly affected people.
    Whimsee

Answer by Whimsee at 9:48 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Do you have a history of prophetic dreams? If not, and you never have it again, I wouldn't worry. If you have a history of prophetic dreams, I would say it could hold more weight, but even if SOME of your dreams are prophetic it doesn't mean THIS ONE is. For me, I can tell at the time of the dream which ones are prophetic and which are not, they feel different. Point is, while SOME dreams can be a view of the future, if you don't have a history of precognition, chances are you aren't going to start now... So I wouldn't worry.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:13 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Dreaming of death is rarely a bad omen. Dreaming of being dead most often means the end of your worries and the start of a new era in your life. So maybe when you're 30, something really fantastic is going to happen in your life!
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:06 PM on May. 9, 2011

• To dream that you die symbolizes inner changes, transformation, self discovery and positive development with your life. You are going through a transitional phase and are becoming more enlightened and spiritual. Death is not a bad dream. It is death of your old way of thinking and being and awakening the spiritual side of you. Although such a dream can bring on fear and anxiety it is no cause for alarm and is considered a positive symbol. Dreaming of one's own death usually means a big change in your life is coming. You are moving on to a new beginning and leaving the past behind.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 11:41 PM on May. 9, 2011