What should I get my elderly neighbor for Christmas?

Both of my neighbors are elderly women, and I would like to get them a little something for them for Christmas, but I dont know what I should give them...any suggestions?

Tatumsmommy0123

Asked by Tatumsmommy0123 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Holidays

• A gift card to a supermarket, or Walmart.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:46 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• if they collect anything that might be nice but alot of older ppl are not to fond of sugar for diffrent reasons so i would stay away from candy or pocorn maybe a pillow that massages they might enjoy that....
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 11:47 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• a warm fleece blanket
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 12:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I would make them a food basket. You can put a roll of toilet paper, some crackers, soup, tea bags, etc. Winter is here and it may be difficult for them to leave the house. I'd hit the sales at the grocery store or even go to the Dollar Tree and help them out. I'm sure they'd love that much more than a $10 gift or gift card.
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 12:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Home made cookies with some hot chocolate mix or coffee??? its very generic, but also very heartfelt. its got a little more thought than just the a gift card
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:06 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I would be careful with the cookies and Hot chocolate, unless you knew that they weren't diabetic. Are you staying in for Christmas? Having a special dinner? If you were, I'd invite them over.
    lizzeh

Answer by lizzeh at 2:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• If they're up for it maybe a "ladies lunch" - take the gals out for a nice lunch, and insist you're paying. If not, pack a picnic basket and head over there for some quality time. You don't mention if they get many visitors but I'd bet they'd sure enjoy some company.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 7:55 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• In a little basket, put a cute christmas hand towel as the bottom (instead of tissue paper). Then put a new coffee mug and either a box of tea bags or coffee, then make some homemade cookies. With the cookies, wrap them in saran-wrap (sp?) and tie ribbon around them and curl it. Put those in the basket and add a sweet hand-written note. If you're close to them, you could add a magnet with your daughters christmas picture in it. Elderly people love getting photos and IDK about you, but my grandma LOVES magnets.

PS: When it comes to them being diabetic, if you don't know, don't worry. They know what they can and cannot have, but it's still a sweet thing that you're giving them something. It's not like they're going to throw the cookies at your head and say "i can't eat sugar, dammit!" lol It's the thought that counts!
    MammaHota

Answer by MammaHota at 1:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2008