Looking for ways to find professional women to join my business with me

I have recently started my own at home business. I have currently been advertising on Craigslist and it just isnt panning out for me. Does anyone know of some good ways to get my needs out there?

amorrow4

Asked by amorrow4 at 9:51 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• Advertising here is not allowed, only in the Marketplace.
    Anonymous

• Have you tired posting on websites such as WAHM.com and other business oriented sites for women?
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 9:53 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Anon, she is not advertising her stuff. Did she list anything she is selling? No. I do know that there is a Women and Minority site u can go to.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:56 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Yes I have just joined the WAHM.com site just this evening! My business mainly focuses on moms working from home so anyone out there wanting any information please let me know.
    amorrow4

Comment by amorrow4 (original poster) at 9:58 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Thank you amberdawnbarr and emmyandlisa!!
    amorrow4

Comment by amorrow4 (original poster) at 10:00 PM on May. 9, 2011

• You're welcome :)
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:06 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Gee emmy, way to assume - I was telling her she's not allowed to advertise here, not accusing her of it. Nice.
    Anonymous

• facebook, cafe mom has groups for women looking to work from home that do allow u to advertise. word of mouth, newspaper. without knowing business...kinda hard. message me and I will try to help.
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 7:13 AM on May. 10, 2011

• With a direct selling selling company and trying to recruit you can work it locally as well. Go to vistaprint and get as free t-shirt, pay the $3-$4 to upload your own picture, have it be of an item the company you are with sells. Then above it have "I Sell __________" Below it have something like "Ask me for a FREE Sample" or "Ask me for a FREE Brochure" And wear that thing pretty much anytime you are out. If people come up to you give them a brochure, sample or business card and get their name and number. Then call a few days later, ask if they are interested in purchasing, or earning free products by hosting a demo party, or if they are interested in earning money by joining your team.

Look for other local ways to promote the biz and the opportunity, vender shows, craft fairs, Summer fairs and festivals, bulletin boards, etc etc
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:48 AM on May. 10, 2011

• You can always make a second shirt for just the opportunity saying "Earn money selling ________! Ask me how!"

I became a beachbody coach so I have a shirt on the way saying "Get Paid to Lose Weight and Get Fit! Ask me how!"

You can even look into job fairs, but you have to ask the organizer if they allow direct selling companies (some do not)
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:50 AM on May. 10, 2011