Are there any signs your body will give you when you are ovulating?

if some one doesnt have a period and cant remember when the last time they had one was, is there any kind of sign your body will give you to tell you that you are ovulating?

wantsafamily666

Asked by wantsafamily666 at 10:05 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• You may feel slight cramping, your cm will be light raw egg whites--very slippery and stretchy and your temp will be slightly elavated. You could also try using ovulation kits
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 10:12 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler and check out FertilityFriend.com. Charting cervical mucus will tell you when you're about to ovulate--it becomes very abundant and looks/feels like egg whites. Charting basal body temperature will tell you for sure when you have ovulated--it goes up by about 0.5ยบ and stays up from the day after you ovulate until your next period.

However...once you ovulate, a period is imminent (unless you get pregnant, of course). The fact that you've gone so long without a period could be a problem, since you don't ovulate every month without a period. If it's just a matter of irregular periods, charting will help a ton. But you may want to be evaluated for conditions like PCOS; there are meds that could help with that.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:14 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Do a google search and Fertility Awareness Method and you will find a bunch of stuff on charting and knowing when you ovulate. Personally my body gives a slight cramp on the side that is releasing an egg and I get a very large increase in discharge for about 3 days before. I also chart my temps and so I know when I ovulate for sure based on those.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:41 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I get really bad cramping in my left side of my stomach and back! I can always tell!! Good luck
    Nikkalicious

Answer by Nikkalicious at 11:55 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I get ovarian cyst when Im ovulating so i have a lot of pain and for some reason I want intercourse more.. Thats how I know
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 2:00 PM on May. 10, 2011

• i want intercourse more, and my nerves get really bad (panic anixety) also your temp will be slightly elevated,i also hurt on my left side more other times its the right depending on the month also do try one of those ovulation kits you can get them at your local dollar store if you have one around good luck
    m0nstersm0mma

Answer by m0nstersm0mma at 4:27 PM on May. 10, 2011

• For me it's increased libido and cervical mucus.
    Anonymous

• Want to have sex more
    HeavenTrinJr

Answer by HeavenTrinJr at 5:56 PM on May. 10, 2011

• cramping
    Wiccangirl24

Answer by Wiccangirl24 at 3:52 PM on May. 13, 2011