What are you "New Fangled" about?

Consider this a spin off of the "What are you old-fashioned about" question...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 10:06 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Just for Fun

• As my answer to that was nothing, I suppose the answer to this would be everything? heh
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 10:07 PM on May. 9, 2011

• People doing what they are good at and makes them happy (within reason). No need to follow Dad's career and definitely if you are a woman and want to work, do it! A man who wants to stay home, you have my sincere blessing. I think that allowing people to follow their strengths will allow for more productivity in the world, more happiness* and happier kids

*There is something to be said for not having too MANY options, but within the list of what you're good at, your choice.

Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 10:12 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I'm the same way bishopblack. My answer to the other one was "Nothing" as well... Personally if we could delete the 1800s and entire first 65 years of the 1900s I don't think we would really lose anything. My "old fashioned" as in 1400s and that's simply because I believe in going as natural and ecofriendly as possible. Beyond that, I don't believe in self denial, traditional gender roles or just about anything else I read other women writing on their answers there... In fact I found a few of them rather offensive in notion...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 10:19 PM on May. 9, 2011

• LOL. "New Fangled".....only that I am quite good with electronics, my computer, my work computer, and setting up my cable,dish,speakers,etc. But in no way are my values "new". I am sticking wth the tried and true values.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:20 PM on May. 9, 2011

• In this day and age, I consider myself being a college educated SAHM is "new-fangled".
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:40 PM on May. 9, 2011

• You know, it's funny, because I consider my "values" to be "New" but in fact they are simply a throw back to values and beliefs which predate "Old Fashioned" So I guess they are more "Ancient Fashioned" rather than "old" or "new." Think Ancient Greece or Roma... Or maybe even before that depending on the subject... PreChristian though, almost always.

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 11:19 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I'm new fangled in that I'm pretty good about embracing new technology.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 2:46 PM on May. 10, 2011