Cramping, placenta previa at 17 weeks

is it normal to be cramping at 17 weeks pregnant with placenta previa? I have a dr's appointment tomorrow but im curious as to if i need to call the hospital or wait till tomorrow...

no bleeding or anything just mild cramping

brookenbrodyn

Asked by brookenbrodyn at 10:22 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• many women have previa at 17 weeks - the placenta migrates away from the cervical os as the pregnancy progresses and some cramping in the 2nd trimester is normal. As long as you are not bleeding you should be fine, mention it to your doctor
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 4:34 AM on May. 10, 2011

• thanks. talked to my dr...got test results back and it looks as tho it will not be moving. it has attached itself to my walls and is trying to push through and attach to my bladder
    brookenbrodyn

Comment by brookenbrodyn (original poster) at 12:37 AM on May. 11, 2011

• oh that's different then a previa - that's an accreta and VERY dangerous - I wish you luck
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 10:54 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I go Monday to the specialist to find out if its just accreta or if its trying to turn into percretta.. X> i'll post about it...Thank you
    brookenbrodyn

Comment by brookenbrodyn (original poster) at 5:28 PM on May. 15, 2011