How can I amuse my 2 toddlers for a long car ride on our family vacation this month?? Any suggestions? Anything special I can bring along?

We are driving form MA to Niagara Falls and then onto Toronto. 8 hrs for the first leg of the trip. We know it will be longer as we may need to make frequent stops if the kids are cranky or to stretch our legs/ get a bite to eat. My son is almost 3 1/2 and in the midst of potty training and my daughter is 16 mos and just starting to take her 1st steps. We will be staying at a hotel, too. any ideas to make the trip enjoyable for them , too? Thanks so much, ladies!!

2coolmama

Asked by 2coolmama at 10:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in General Parenting

• If you can afford it, a partable dvd player would be good. For the 3 1/2 year old, some kind of hand-held game. Take frequent stops so they can stretch their legs and release some energy.
    Anonymous

• my husband has driven with our dd (and once with the twins too) by himself many times, on 7hr long trips. He likes to leave very late at night, early morning, so he is driving in middle of night, and they mostly sleep for the car ride.
    isaboo22

Answer by isaboo22 at 5:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2008