When you had your second child.

When you had your second child. When did you decide you wanted another?? How long did you wait in between when do you think is a good amount of time to wait in between.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on May. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I mean like when did you wait to have a second.?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:45 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Mine are 26 months apart. So far, it's a perfect gap between my son and my daughter. We decided we wanted another when our son was nearly a year and a half old, and the TTC took one month.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 10:46 PM on May. 9, 2011

• We had a birth control accident with my oldest was 11 months. Ooops. They are 19 months, 3 weeks apart. It was tiring but got easier as they got older. Now that they are 11 & 13 it is tiring again.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:46 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Sadly my second was a surprise. Now I did plan my 3rd and we waited till our youngest was 5.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 10:47 PM on May. 9, 2011

• When left to nature on average children are 2-3 years apart (that is with mom nursing on demand etc like nature intended). I think nature planned things that way for a reason. One it is hard on mom's body to get pregnant less then a year afer giving birth and also for the children. There are almost exactly 2 years between my sister and I (our birthdays are 1 day apart), my children are 25 months apart and DH and his siblings are all 2-2.5 years apart and I think it helped give us the close relationships we have with our siblings and I see in my children.
    Anonymous

• My two are 10 years and 4 weeks apart.

They have two different fathers.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:49 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My first two are twins, but I decided when they were 9 months old that I wanted another one...we planned on trying again for another one when they were 2...well someone had other plans for us, because within a month of making that decision I was pregnant, and now my twins are 19 months older than my third one! lol. I love that age difference, and wish my fourth child had been born closer to the older three!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:50 PM on May. 9, 2011

• We didn't plan our 2nd. I got pregnant when my oldest was 6 months.
    There are 15 months between them (now 10 and 9).
    The 3rd came just 13 months after the 2nd.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:50 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My first two children are 15 months apart - our second was exactly planned but she wasn't really an accident either because as soon as I had even the slightest thought of being pregnant I was happy and so was DH. We knew before our first was even born we wanted at least a couple more but still hadn't decided if we'd have them close in age or have a few years in between and of course we were waiting to debate on how well my body handled pregnancy and healing after delivery. I am one of 8 children, besides my fraternal twin sister my next closest sibling is my brother and he is only 11 months younger than me. My DH is also one of 8 children for the most part him and his siblings are 1 to 3 years apart between each child. My third pregnancy came 3 years after my second, my twins are now 2 years old and I am almost ready to get this baby out of me. So my babies will be 6, 5, and 2 when my fifth is born.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 10:54 PM on May. 9, 2011

• we didn't really decide it just happened :) Our 2nd child will be born in Dec. and our son will be 2 in July. The kids will be about 2.5 years apart (a little less) :)
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 10:54 PM on May. 9, 2011