I'm just trying to figure out whats right.....

Fertilityfriend.com claims this reg: BBT..... Low temperatures are observed before ovulation and higher temperatures are recorded after ovulation.

Your BBT, or basal body temperature, is your body temperature at rest as measured in the morning after at least three hours of sleep, before you get up, with a special BBT thermometer that you can buy at your drugstore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Before ovulation, during your follicular phase, basal temperatures are relatively low. After ovulation, your basal body temperature rises sufficiently that you can see the difference between your pre-ovulation and post-ovulation temperatures when they are plotted on a graph.

A fertility chart that shows ovulation detected by BBT will have a BIPHASIC pattern. This means that it will show lower temperatures before ovulation, a rise (thermal shift), and then higher temperatures after ovulation. Ovulation usually occurs on the last day of lower temperatures.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• then theres this web site... early-pregnancy-test.com claiming.... During the first two weeks of a woman's cycle, her body temperature is lower (96.0 to 97.5 F). With ovulation, a rise in body temperature takes place - caused by an increase of the hormone progesterone - in order to provide a warmer, more fertile environment. A minimum temperature rise of 0.4 to 0.6 degrees F can be measured. By monitoring when this temperature change takes place, you can determine when ovulation takes place in your cycle.
    What is right?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• yes that's right, but I just used a regular digital thermometer. Fertility friend is a really good resource. I charted when trying to concieve with my first son and after a year of nothing got pregnant after about two months. Also becuase your temp stays high when you are pregnant, it is a good way to tell if you are pregnant, often sooner that a pregnancy test. Especially if you're one of those poor women who don't show positive until later. ( I have a friend who can't get a positive preg test until she's like three months along!)
    woodj2

Answer by woodj2 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I think they are both saying the same thing. When you ovulate your temp goes up. Then stays up till right before your period. You won't be able to predict ovulation until you have charted for a couple months to get a good idea of your cycle. By the time you notice your temp going up you have usually already ovulated. So the best time for sex is right BEFORE your temperature shift. If you chart one or two months you will ba able to predict when that will happen and have sex right before. Of course you can have sex as soon as you notice your temp has gone up and you may still get pregnant. But the optimum time is right before.
    woodj2

Answer by woodj2 at 11:57 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• SO DOES YOUR BBT GO UP OR DOWN RIGHT BEFOR OVULATION? IM TRYING TO GET PREGNANT HERE LOL NOT AVOID OVULATION.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• RIght, right. it goes UP when you ovulate.
    woodj2

Answer by woodj2 at 12:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• OK THANK YOU! THIS BBT STUFF IS MORE COMPICATED THEN I THOUGHT. I DIDNT REALLY WANT TO WAIT ANOTHER MONTH OR TWO TO FIND OUT WHEN IM OVULATING SO I GUESS I WASTED MY MONEY ON THAT LOL. I GUESS I CAN ALWAYS TRACK CERVICAL FLUID AND CHECK CERVIX POSSITIONS. THANKS AGAIN!
    Anonymous

• the best time to have sex in order to get pregnant is actually right BEFORE you ovulate. to give the sperm time to reach the egg.
    woodj2

Answer by woodj2 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• No, no it's not a waste!
    keep taking your temp because in case you don't get pregnant in the next two months it will really be helpful to pin point the EXACT time for sex
    woodj2

Answer by woodj2 at 12:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I used my temp and my cervical fluid to predict and it worked!! Also even just keeping track for one month will give you a good idea. But in case your cycle isn't very regular they recommend charting for three months to give you a more accurate idea.
    woodj2

Answer by woodj2 at 12:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2008