Hubby has spent over $500 on porn in the last month....

He thought he was hiding it. So, I found out and I'm sick to my stomach. No wonder he can't get off during sex. I'm not ugly and I know it. So, what the deal? Is he a sex addict?

What do I do now, I don't even feel like confronting him. I feel like being 16 and getting revenge.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• How did you find out? If you found out via a credit card statement, I would confront him with that. Revenge wouldn't work. You're going to have to do something to cure the problem.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:55 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Yes honey, he is a sex addict. I'm sorry, I hope u can get him help.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:58 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Wow... I honestly can't say I'd still be around... but that's me. There's a program you can purchase ($50 for 2 computers) that will watch your computers. It logs keystrokes, websites visited, even takes screen shots... If you don't have solid evidence, get some. System Surveillance Pro. My ex was addicted to porn, too...
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 10:59 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I'd sit down and have a talk with him, maybe suggest websites that have free porn, instead of spending so much on porn. Tell him how hurt and upset you were that he spent so much behind your back. Don't go spying on him looking for proof or whatever, that might just exacerbate the situation. If he can't get off during sex, it sounds psychological, and I'd suggest that he go see a counselor for porn addiction.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 11:22 PM on May. 9, 2011

• can you even afford for him to be spending that much on "entertainment" ? oh my I'd be more than just a little pissed!! and yes I'd confront him but not just yet I'd have to cool down a bit first don't charge in.... think this through carefully especially if you want revenge. did he buy movies online or dvds can you sell them and recover some of the money I wouldn't know what to do first!!!!

traren

Answer by traren at 11:27 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Chances are he's not so much a sex addict as he is a porn addict. My huband is a "recovering" porn addict and even tho we have sex, he could care less whether we have sex 5 times a week, or 5 times in 5 months. There is a group on here, Wives of Porn Addicts, I am a member and there are other women in there that are amazing. Revenge won't make you feel better. Confronting him must be done in the correct way. Join our group, we';; help you though this. ((HUGS))
    daina82

Answer by daina82 at 11:30 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Wow...yeah my first husband was like that. Then he would compare me to the women in the movies and ask why can't I do some of the stuff they do in the movies. That marriage lasted 10 months. I was 18 and a virgin when I married the creep. Went out for a year before marrying him and didn't know he was like that. Made me feel really bad about myself and now? I can't stand porn!
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 11:51 PM on May. 9, 2011

• There's lots of free porn. What could he possibly be spending THAT much on?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on May. 10, 2011

• my husband use the free porn on the internet and wen i found in i comforted him and gave him a choice them or me and he chose me and i told him if a found it again i would break the lap top over his head and pack my things im a preachers daughter and thats jus wrong its committing adultry and i was not gonna put up with that... i hope things work out good for you girl..
    kaylamills2009

Answer by kaylamills2009 at 12:39 AM on May. 10, 2011

• What he has is an addiction. He needs to go to counseling of some type, but before he does that he has to admit that he actually does have a problem. I'd tell him to get help or you will be leaving.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:11 AM on May. 10, 2011