Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 Bumps

I need your advice on how to help my daughter and granddaughter

I have a 25yr old learning disabled daughter, and a 24yr old man sweet talked and took advantage of her, and she got pregnant. Before I knew she was pregnant, it was too late to do anything. My granddaughter is 10 months old. This two legged animal RAPED a girl when he was 18yrs. He still is on probation.I am afraid he will kill my daughter and take the baby. He said in court that it costs too much money ($20.00) to be supervised and he wants to spend more than one hour with her. I am afraid he will RAPE the baby and give the baby back to me and call CPS and say I did it. Any suggestions.

Answer Question

Asked by sweetmama933 at 10:59 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

Level 3 (21 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • If he's still on probation, he should be court ordered to have supervised visitation... Simply refuse visitation with supervision. Don't let him near the baby (or your daughter) without a court appointed liaison. If need be, call the police, and have the court order ready to show them. Good luck.

    Answer by CeeCee333 at 11:03 PM on May. 9, 2011

  • He can't rape the baby and blame it on you. Dna evidence will show otherwise.

    Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:05 PM on May. 9, 2011

  • Many states have granparents laws and you can go for custody .On the fact that he has already been convicted of rape I am sure the courts wouldn't mind giving you an order for supervised visitation witrh the father.

    Answer by LadyMitres at 11:06 PM on May. 9, 2011

  • since your daughter is mentally ill & the dad was recently a rapist consult a lawyer and try to win custody. i know in TX if someone was convicted of rape the person most likely won't win custody of a baby.

    Answer by mrsary at 11:53 PM on May. 9, 2011


    Answer by mrsary at 11:54 PM on May. 9, 2011

  • how disaboled is your daughter?, can you file rape by coercion charges on him? If she is mentally underage you may be able to have him put away

    Answer by shivasgirl at 11:54 PM on May. 9, 2011

  • Lawyer up... you need a lawyer's help to get him out of your lives and hoepfully in jail

    Answer by gdiamante at 11:57 PM on May. 9, 2011

  • I think if he doesn't pay the money for the supervised visits, then he doesn't get the visits. I don't think a court will be very sympathetic to him since he was a rapist. I don't think he will rape the baby. Rape is about aggression towards women. He showed that not only by raping someone, but by taking advantage of your daughter. He doesn't sound like a pedophile. His issues are with women.

    Answer by lilangilyn at 11:21 AM on May. 10, 2011

  • Learning Disabilities are completely different than Mental Disabilities. A true LD child/adult has difficulty learning - dyslexia, written expression, etc. They do not have difficulty with right from wrong, etc.

    So, is your daughter Mentally Disabled or Learning Disabled - big difference.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on May. 10, 2011

  • And down's syndrome children also know wrong from right, That was a very good question from anon.

    Answer by lilangilyn at 4:53 PM on May. 10, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.