How bad does it hurt when you give birth?

i just want to know how bad it hurts when you give birth. i heard diffrent things one person says it does and then another says it dont i just wanted to know people storys or how they felt

mom-to-be191991

Asked by mom-to-be191991 at 11:06 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It hurt like a bitch. I was in labor for 3 days, pushed for 8 hours, had a c section. I will never forget the pain. It haunts me.
    Anonymous

• ty i know its diffrent for everyone but i just wanted a idea of it im having my first
    mom-to-be191991

Comment by mom-to-be191991 (original poster) at 11:09 PM on May. 9, 2011

• wow^^^^ lol!
    meds or no meds is the real question here lol I had the Epidural. But i still felt some ..it burnt a little you could feel everything stretching but it wasnt horrible. Contrations hurt but i didnt cry. I guess it depends on your pain tolerance. You wont know till you get there =]] I was more exhausted then anything!
    Mommy103110

Answer by Mommy103110 at 11:11 PM on May. 9, 2011

• It hurts like a bitch, but once you hold that sweet little baby, the pain magically dissipates and you feel euphoric. And I did it three times without an epi.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:11 PM on May. 9, 2011

• From what I remember, the contractions hurt pretty badly. I was dilated to 5 and then had a epidural. I can't really describe the pain though. It's like my brain turned it out once my son was born.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 11:11 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I'm pregnant right now, and I'm unsure of this because this is my first pregnancy, but my best friend gave birth naturally, and she said it wasn't that bad. My sister in law had to have a c-section because it hurt too much. My best friend has a really high pain tolerance, while my sister in law, has a very low pain tolerance. It just really depends on who you are and how you are able to deal with pain. I have read that walking every day for at least 30 minutes a day, helps the pain during childbirth, and it makes it go by a lot quicker and smoother.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 11:11 PM on May. 9, 2011

• It's gonna hurt you just kinda forget about it after your done and see your baby. Then I personally amstill unsure if i want to have another one due to how mine felt but I'm probably gonna have another one :)
    LadyMitres

Answer by LadyMitres at 11:12 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Yeah, I have to agree with Anon. I was in labor for two days, failed to dilate. I had an emergency c-section. Labor was absolutely the worst pain I have ever encountered. I chose a c-section the second time around. I am not going to sugar coat it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:13 PM on May. 9, 2011

• It hurts as bad as you allow it to hurt. Take LaMaze and stay in control of the pain.
    Anonymous

• ty everyone and yea i guess it does depend on all that i never thought of it that way i just cant wait until hes finaly here
    mom-to-be191991

Comment by mom-to-be191991 (original poster) at 11:14 PM on May. 9, 2011