God can't make mistakes because:

This is what I researched and found. "God can't make mistakes because he planned everything."

So, how is it he was sorry to see how man became corrupt and decided to try anew with Noah while flooding everyone else? Am I missing something? I am open minded so I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

So he planned the whole ordeal for people to be corrupt? I am confused.

jujubean1979200

Asked by jujubean1979200 at 11:06 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Free will.
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 11:07 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Exactly-free will
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:09 PM on May. 9, 2011

• He didn't plan on the fall, he just knew it would happen. A lot of non-Christians can't wrap their brain around that one, and that one point is why a lot of people think Christians are morons.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 11:13 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Willfully pitiful, adnilm? How sorry I am that you hold that view about humankind.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:27 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Well, I don't believe in the literalism of the Noah story..... I also don't believe He "planned" everything or has His hand in everything - I don't believe He interferes in human affairs. I believe a lot of the narratives are meant to explain mindsets and concepts, not literal histories. For example, I've seen it claimed that a lot of these accounts, where God tries to restore humanity to its original state of goodness, tie into the idea of "the fall" and the Garden narrative, which I don't take literally either. The Garden represents an ideal, what we strive towards, closeness with God and a purity of thought and spirit. Throughout the text you see God giving mankind different ways to try to reach that ideal, through the law or other means, and then you see Him acting on His own to try to bring that ideal to mankind, through the Noah story, through the concept of Jesus and the atonement - none of which I take literally...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:00 AM on May. 10, 2011

• "God can't make mistakes because he planned everything."

Not sure where you found that-but I will try and explain it from my POV- I am not a Bible literalist so my POV is a little different-
    Think of it like a party- you invite all of your loved ones- you even invite your brother knowing he may or may not get drunk and ruin everything- you planned the party-you know your brothers heart is good-but you are not going to follow him around to make sure he does not drink too much-

I think of it as God knows your heart (hence the all knowing) but he does not "plan" every event in your life-He allows you your free will- and as long as you do no harm- it is OK with your choices-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:48 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I agree with the statement, God doesnt make mistakes, people do. he gave us the gift of free will to make our own decisions, thats why there is evil and corruption.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:11 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I guess when he made the world he pretty much left it up to us to make the right choice he got rid of the people that were not living right and kept who he thought would make a difference so till this day he is making sure we all hear his word and make that right choice....idk those are my thoughts....ladies correct me if I'm wrong...lol I tried :/
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:12 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Apparently, God has stacked the deck deliberately against mankind. Out of "love".

Calling it free will is a pretty good way to get off the hook from all the atrocities that are allowed to occur. Too bad it doesn't work in a court of law, eh?

"Hey, officer, I told him he either handed over his wallet, or I'd shoot him. Well, he didn't hand it over, and thus he chose to be shot by me. Blame him, it was his choice!"
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 11:27 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Everything is free will. Everybody has choices to make, whether it be right or wrong. Each of us is responsible for our actions. Even Jesus Christ Himself said he wasn't perfect.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:07 AM on May. 10, 2011