Has anything special happened to you to make you believe in God even more?

I was laying down to put my daughter to sleep one night and I all of a sudden felt this peace just wash over me like everything was going to be ok. I had no reason to worry. I right away thanked God. Why? I have no idea, but I have felt a peace like that twice in my life. Kind of like it is something telling me I am on the right track.

SeasideNative

Asked by SeasideNative at 11:13 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Aawww I get those happy feelings too like a good sigh of relief. When I pray especially at night before I go to bed I am laying there talking to God and thanking him when all of a sudden I am out like a light bulb I like to think that he puts me into his sweet sleep....aahh!!!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:17 PM on May. 9, 2011

• When my exhusband drove my daughter and I off a cliff and we survived I was a bigger believer. When my father put a bullet in a gun, spun it, held it to my mom's head, pulled the trigger and nothing happened, I was a bigger believer. After my divorce, I prayed for the right man to come along and 12 years later he did, I was a bigger believer.
    Anonymous

• I thought I had breast cancer before my youngest one was born. I was suppose to go in to have it analyzed and it went away. I was almost the size of a golf ball. I prayed and he answered. Again a year ago it looked like I had cancer, I prayed and nothing was there.

sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 11:18 PM on May. 9, 2011

• When the doctors told me the baby might die, and our minister came into the hospital late at night and we prayed, and the next morning the baby was fine, it confirmed what I already believed.

Answer by Bmat at 11:19 PM on May. 9, 2011

• When I died on the operating table and saw the bright bluish white light and my uncles standing by my sides years after they had passed it was then that I understood that God has a bigger plan for me. I have many "good" feelings as well.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 11:22 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My mother had 10 kids and me and my twin sister are the youngest. My second oldest sister (75) had a stroke about 3yrs ago. She was on her way to a high school reunion. She didn't want to go, but her husband insisted. She got to West Virginia, and went to the reunion, There she got sick and had a stroke. The doctors called all of us in to be with her. He said she won't make it thru out the night. I prayed real hard and I asked GOD to let her live a little longer, we have a lot to catch up on. Within 3-4 days she improved and much much better. After that , it strengthened my faith. Thanks and GOD Bless you and your family.
    sweetmama933

Answer by sweetmama933 at 11:31 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I have felt that peace you speak of before and I too thought it was supernatural. I had almost died due to abuse and my son was kidnapped for a month. While in the court room I suddenly felt peace and knew everything was ok. I realized however that it was my own rational thinking that brought me to this feeling. I realized that I knew everything was alright because I was in the right.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 11:19 PM on May. 9, 2011