Has anyone ever have this happen?

my daughter who will be 3 in july was in her and her brothers room playing. the next thing we heard was her crying and my son 2. she had wrapped a cord around her neck which frighten me. she also tried to do it to her brother. i am wondering has any one elses children have done this and if so what they did. she keeps wrapping scarfs around her neck or any thing else she gets her hands on which scares me. please no bashing either. me and my husband were in the other room doing my school work.

Monkeychick

Asked by Monkeychick at 11:16 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Cut all the cords. In fact get rid of all blinds in the house. They are not safe for kids and should be tossed out.. Then be careful what she gets to play with. No scarves or fake necklaces either. You have to childproof EVERYTHING.

No bashing here.... I have three kids and things that you would never think they could make into something dangerous, they do.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:24 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Has she seen anything, that she could be imitating? I haven't experienced this with my ds maybe you should take to her dr. Im sorry I wasn't more help I wish you the best.
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 11:26 PM on May. 9, 2011

• If she has a habit of doing it they should surely be supervised at all times, otherwise the room they are playing in should be safe as in anything she could wrap around her neck being out of reach. This could have really ended up a tragic situation for your family.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:26 PM on May. 9, 2011

• it is what they see on t.v. cartoons included
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 11:53 PM on May. 9, 2011