TMI! I Am Really Insecure About This :( adult content

I think that I might have a bacterial infection in my Vagina and I'm scared! Does this mean that I have an STD or something? I have had this problem since I had my son and I've been with the same guy for 3 years, now I doubt he's cheated and I know I havent cheated but I might have gotten this by having sex too early after baby was born..we were suppose to wait but we didnt and it was about 4 weeks after, not 6 weeks. But has anyone had this happen? I smell after sex and even when I use soap to clean myself. I am getting so tired of this cuz I really make sure that I'm clean and it sucks that it isnt paying off :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Health

• Is there a fishy odor? It could be bacterial vaginosis which is NOT an STD and can be caused by a number of innocent things. Just go to the doctor and if you have it, they'll give you an antibiotic. Don't be embarrassed, doctors see and hear more than you can imagine.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:51 AM on May. 10, 2011

• see a dr. , tomorrow , could be a number of things
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:31 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Yeah, it sounds like an infection. Id see a dr. Good luck.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:32 PM on May. 9, 2011

• it sounds like you really need to go to the doctor about this one hun. Only he/she can tell you what's up with your hoooha!
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 11:34 PM on May. 9, 2011

• You do need to see a doctor and don't be embarrassed about this, it's probably an infection. My mother talks about having an odor after I was born and an infection. She said it was afterbirth that had not been expelled after she delivered me.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 11:41 PM on May. 9, 2011

• yes go see your doctor, don't think its an std though
    MomDW

Answer by MomDW at 11:36 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Hmm...Maybe..I tore alot with him. It could be something of that nature. Im maming an appointment asap
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:46 PM on May. 9, 2011

• it could be a pelvic inflamtory disease which is caused by bateria from certain things like during sex when he you know goes down bacteria on hands and more a smell can come from this and it will cause pain in the mid section but i agree with the rest go to the doctor and they will give meds for it!!!!!
    sarahullery11

Answer by sarahullery11 at 11:49 PM on May. 9, 2011

• What Bridget said. I had BV while pregnant and it's not an STD. I just happens when the pH of your vagina goes out of whack.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 11:32 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I had sex 4 wks PP and nothing out of the norm, just a little painful, I would goto a clinic..
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 3:23 AM on May. 11, 2011