My toddler DOES NOT EAT! :(

My 22 month old doesn't eat properly.
She may have a few bites here and there and will sometimes snack like a little champ when we are out. but never FULL meals.
She's weird, unlike other children she won't even eat chicken nuggets.
The only things we seem to be able to get her to eat are the "forbidden foods" ( cookies, chocolate...junk!) or apples, cucumbers, cheese strings, goldfish, french fries.
She will USUALLY eat spaghetti too. but a lot of times she will demand a bottle (toddler supplement made by enfamil)

I worry...i try and sit her down and eat breakfast but she will not eat eggs, eggo waffles, anything! Only occasionally cereal (cheerios) or toast with Nutella, and again at lunch same thing, she flat out doesn't want to eat! Supper is always a struggle, because she doesn't seem to want to try anything new. And you litterally have to FORCE a bite in..and I hate it and can't do that....so we give in and give her a bottle.
What can I do?
Doctor doesnt seem concerned, she is a petite little girl.....I actually saw a 1 yr old at the park the other night who was around the same size as her :/

Anyhow my question is : How can I get her to eat balanced meals without having to force feed. How can i get her to even try things, because i know if she TRIED it, she would likely like what I am trying to feed her??
Any suggestions??
Am I doing something wrong ? Help me out so I don't make the same mistakes with my other dd ( who is now nearly 3 months old)

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 11:46 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• All kids do this. Your kid isn't going to die. Just be patient cuz trust me, next u will complain your kid eats too much!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:49 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Make one meal, offer it to her and if she doesn't eat it put it in the fridge. Bring it out again at the next meal. You can give vitamins/vitamin drinks to make sure she's getting her nutrients. Honestly my DD use to be a very picky eater. The worst thing you can do is make several things to try to please her. Don't keep junk food in the house so your not tempted to give in.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:50 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Try to make it as healthy as possable..
    I was always told, when they're hungery, they will eat...
    Is she old enough for those pedi sure drinks? My son loved the gerber graduates...
    id try to limit the bottle and wheen her off the bottle, so shell have to get more calories from food.
    If she's on target with weight and height - then I wouldn't worry, too much...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 11:54 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My ds is a picked too he doesn't really eat any meat. And he will pick at his meal rarely eats a meal. His dr. Said its his age and not to worry he will eat when hes hungry. Its just a phase.
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 11:56 PM on May. 9, 2011

• My son is the same way - since 7 months has literally survived on air and pediasure once a day and he's 3 now. He had tubes put in his ears and that helped some - now he eats chicken nuggets. I have an appointment for a consult with a surgeon to possibly remove tonsils or have T-tubes placed. He pockets all his food for up to 12 hours in his cheeks. if there isn't something that can be fixed with surgery then he will have speech therapy
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 3:27 AM on May. 10, 2011

• A toddler's diet isn't measured per day... more like per week. It's bcaue they are so picky and fickle. I wouldn't lt her have snacks without a meal though. Try giving her choices, but no more than 2 or 3! Do you want a sandwich OR chicken? A banana OR a yogurt? somtimes this helps. Sometimes having a tray of fruits and veggies or other healthy snacks out where she can reach can help. She can sort of just graze.
    Hope you find something that works for you.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 8:39 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Thanks ladies this has been going on for almost a year now! soo frustrating!
    AshleyRoseG

Comment by AshleyRoseG (original poster) at 10:11 AM on May. 10, 2011