BEST DIY you have done

What was it and where did you put it or was it?

staceybelly9

Asked by staceybelly9 at 11:57 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• when i redid the bathroom in my parents house.. they had stripped the wall paper but never got around to finishing the walls.. so one weekend they were gone i got the plaster, filled the nail holes and scratches from stripping the wall paper, primed, and painted it. probably not the best, but the most well meaning.. they loved it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:27 AM on May. 10, 2011

• but.. soon i want to build a doll house for my 3 year old.. THAT should be fun :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:28 AM on May. 10, 2011

• i put in a window for my mom... she previously had a 6 ft by 4 ft window, so I closed up the wall, and replaced it with a smaller window.
    ILoveAsherAthan

Answer by ILoveAsherAthan at 10:51 AM on May. 10, 2011

• My loft area. I used a combination of drawer and shelf units (from IKEA) to fit into a long niche and create one long continuous window seat with storage under the two windows, and a little short shelf unit between. I made upholstered cushions to go on the seats, and matching valances for the windows. With the scraps, I added a few throw pillows to go on the seats. It came out soooo nice. I think it's one of my favorite areas in the house.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:34 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I took an ugly cream colored dresser and decoupaged material onto it,gold wrapping paper as well.then i spray painted the handles gold.It turned out amazing,i went all the way around the mirror and the all the dressers and sides.It turned out amazing!!! it looks like artwork.
    karrey

Answer by karrey at 4:21 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I finished my kitchen hutch myself
    I cleaned and painted the walls in the living room and dining room
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 9:34 AM on May. 12, 2011

• when we redecorating my kitchen and laundry room we replaced the flooring, painted the walls and ceiling and put up new curtains that I had sewn myself
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:14 AM on May. 19, 2011