How do you get your one year old to sleep in their on bed again?

my lil girl use to sleep in her own bed but wen when moved out of my moms house into a camper she had to sleep with us... now we got our own bigger place and im tryin to get her to sleep in the own toddler bed and its not working ha she gets climbing outta her bed and into ours i wake up and put her back but she doesnt wanna stay :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on May. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think you just have to tough it out for a few nights and keep putting her back in her bed. I saw an episode of that nanny show where a child kept getting out of bed. The mama just kept right on putting her back in bed. But the mother couldn't talk to the child at all or even make eye contact. Sounds harsh, I know, but it worked. Just pick her up and put her back in. It took over an hour but the girl on the show got the hint and stayed in bed.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 12:13 AM on May. 10, 2011

• she stays wen i put her back but she wakes up a few hours later an gets back in our bed.. lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:16 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Lock your bedroom door. If she knocks on it to get in bed with you...tell her to go back to her bed.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 1:19 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Put a gate up in her doorway. I wouldn't lock your bedroom door and leave her to roam the house at night... I used a gate with my son and let him cry it out if he cried. He didn't always go back to his bed, sometimes he slept on the floor lol but he eventually did stay in his bed
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 8:19 AM on May. 10, 2011