Could I Be Pregnant? adult content

okay so ive recently started taking a diet pill and have lost around 8 lbs. i noticed last month that my period was a week late but i knew i couldnt be pregnant because i wasnt having sex. so i'm assuming that my extra exercising and the diet pill could have been a factor and thats why i was late. well this month my husband came back for two weeks and we had unprotected sex and i'm really worried that i might be pregnant. i'm three days late as i'm typing this and i'm really scared. i havent had any of my normal cramps and from the pregnancy symptoms i've read online the only one i have is a late period. i've taken two tests and they were both negative. my mom said it may be too early for a test because my body hasnt made enough of the hcg hormone yet. so just to recap i've had no cramps, tender breasts, fatigue, frequent urination, nothing. i know every woman is different but could i just be stressing about his too much and thats why i havent started? any help or advice would be welcome, thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• doctors appointment
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 12:02 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Ditch the diet pills, wait a week and if you still haven't started, take another test.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 12:04 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Go to the doc. But if you are stress that can totally cause you to be late.
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 12:04 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Yeah it can be stress or pregnancy. I would suggest you just go to the doctor to find out.. Dont be scared!
    LARRYSWiiFE

Answer by LARRYSWiiFE at 12:10 AM on May. 10, 2011

• wow that was really fast. thanks for your comments so quickly. i would go to the doctor but i thought they were testing your blood for the same hormone as the home pregnancy tests and i'm afraid even if the blood test is negative i could still be pregnant. im not sure if anyone has ever gotten a false negative from a blood test though so im not gonna say too much more about that. i'm mostly just afraid to be pregnant right now because i'm not ready. i still feel like i'm too young even though 90% of the girls i knew in high school are pregnant right now or have a kid. i am married and we have a pretty stable relationship but i just feel like having a baby right now is something i cant handle. but again thanks for responding so quickly :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:17 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Generally the doctor just does a pee test first. When they do a blood test, yes it tests for the same hormone but it can detect very small amounts. Much smaller then a pee test. But many doctors dont automatically just do a blood test since a pee test is just as good. Wait a week & test again. You should have your answer by then.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on May. 10, 2011

• thanks, i didnt know that. but i think i'm going to wait and just take another test and if i still think theres a possibility i might be pregnant i'll go to a doctor. thanks to everyone who commented on my question so fast. its nice to have other peoples opinions instead of just family. :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:25 AM on May. 10, 2011

• The test was negative because you're actually about to go into labor, only, it's not your husband's baby. Those diet pills were really alien baby eggs. Congratulations new mama!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:44 AM on May. 10, 2011

• @anonymous who left the alien baby comment. let's put aside the fact that the comment you left was beyond stupid and focus on that aliens arent real. and i seriously doubt that if i am pregnant it's an alien baby anyway. so how about you go find something else to do with your life.
    and to the rest of the people on this site please leave serious advice/comments only. thanks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:40 PM on May. 10, 2011