What is the neatest invention of your time you've witnessed?

I am 29 and I've enjoyed seeing cell phones go from non existent, to enormous, to so teeny tiny you have to be careful not to lose them. Also they went from being SO expensive to practically free in like 10 years time.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 12:05 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I'd have to say a camcorder. I am 27 and when I was little my dad had one of those huge one's that you had to place on your shoulder to record with. It's case was as big as a suitcase lol. Now they fit in just your palm.
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 1:00 AM on May. 10, 2011

• The scanner at the checkout...I can remember when we didn't have them and checking out lasted alot longer
    airbags in cars
    carseats
    the remote for the TV, lol
    the internet and Skype
    The Washing machine
    It's hard to pick just one
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:19 AM on May. 10, 2011

• The home computer. They started appearing in the late 80s, and wow, they have changed!! So much faster, cheaper, stylish, and portable.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:08 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I would say the HIV protease inhibitor... my uncle is still alive because of it. He was literally on his death bed - 1994.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 12:28 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I remember how excited I was to get my first Walkman. Now they have MP3 players that are so tiny they can fit into a coin purse.

I remember getting our first Nintendo with the bright orange gun for Duck Hunt. DH now has a PS3 with a camera and that new wireless wand that can be a gun or a baseball bat or whatever else for interactive gaming.

I think the funniest thing is how toys have followed technology. When I was a toddler, I had a rotary toy phone and when you picked up the corded handset Elmo or somebody from Sesame Street talked if you pressed a button to make it talk. DD1 has four toy cellphones--one looks like a Blackberry, one's a flip phone, one's a slide out, one's a solid phone.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 12:30 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I'm 27...I thought it was AWESOME when we went from VHS tapes to DVD's...and now we have Blu-Ray...but I'm not sure how thats much different from the DVD lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:13 AM on May. 10, 2011

• 1) DVR
    2) Internet on a phone
    3) HD TV's
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:46 AM on May. 10, 2011

• remember when we had to rent the VHS player and movies, our first cable box and Atari when on to Nientendo.
    The best invention for me was the ice chest with wheels - kids sports and your turn to bring snacks.
    Remember the big black bag, cell phones. And pagers.. do ppl still use those?
    Great question..
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 1:02 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Hahaha....my first gaming system was the Atari 2600.....lol. Oh and my brothers, sisters and I were the remote! Hahaha...I remember when call waiting and *69 first came out...........really put a damper on our prank calls!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:34 AM on May. 10, 2011

• The Remote Control for the TV. I was so tired of having to be the one to get up & change the channels, even though there were only 3 to choose from, lol
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:57 AM on May. 10, 2011