Has anyone ever had mastitis?

any weird stuff along with breast pain? like fever blisters ..? in and around mouth(lips)? this is painful and gross. i asked my doctor and he said it was normal.. this is awful

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 12:27 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Health

• "Fever blisters/cold sores" on or around the mouth are Herpes Simplex Virus. Since you have a separate infection, it is causing you to break out around your mouth. You've never had these before?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:54 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I just had an awful fever and sweats, i had it 3 times and it's horrible. Get well soon!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:06 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Mastitis is awful. I had it a couple of times. No sores or blisters, but fever and felt terrible. So sorry you're going through this!
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 7:20 AM on May. 10, 2011

• i have. like 5 years ago and not like this. the ones on my tonuge look more like i ate something really hot - like burns. one thing looks like the almighty herpes. everything else look and feels like i am an idiot and hate food that was too hot. i didnt
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 7:31 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I had it in December and I was miserable! Soooo painful. Torture! I've only gotten it once and I didn't have fever blisters.
    Lola.Bee

Answer by Lola.Bee at 7:19 PM on May. 11, 2011

• yea it is painful. i gather now that it is nearly over and i can eat more that yea i had two infections like Bridget said. and burns probably because i tend to eat fast so i can run back to be apart of my kids' meal. -make sure my 3 year old eats and watch over my 4 month old, clean, etc.. kind of stupid and very painful when coupled with everything else going on. finally everything is clearing up though.

the pain was horrible. first i felt just pain then i felt like my milk was drying up and there was stabbing pain. i couldnt/did not want to eat because food tasted like puss.-people ask how i know that that tastes like- it was the only other time i had a cold sore break out and it was horrific- welcome =). i shook and cried and laid in a bath tub for like an hour. to weak to drive i decided to try to sweat it out. i put on my robe/covered up with my thick blankets/took pain meds/passed the bleep out. it worked for the time
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 11:57 PM on May. 11, 2011

• i went to the doctor the next night when after the fevers and pain subsided i had a large bruise looking thing under my breast. i got an antibiotic and now things are better
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 11:59 PM on May. 11, 2011