40.1 weeks pregnant, 3cm dilated, 80% effaced, contractions every 5+mins

I can walk/talk (although not 100% normal) through them. Does this mean they might go away? I hope they get more painful, as weird as it sounds! Oh and I had my membranes stripped today as well. I've had contractions on and off for the past 3 days and am so ready to meet my little lady!

ours

Asked by ours at 1:13 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Congratulations Mama, sounds like your on your way, good luck with everything and enjoy meeting your new little blessing....
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 1:15 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Have you eaten at Jack In the Box cuz it might be food poisening....

Yes you are in labor and yes it gets worse, don't worry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on May. 10, 2011

• walk walk walk bring on those contractions and make them stronger and more frequent
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 1:16 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Keep walking. and if possible have sex. Make sure to orgasm and have your partner finish inside of you. Then stay lying down for at least 30 minutes to let the sperm ripen the cervix. Sounds awful right now, but the sex will help the labor progress naturally. My SIL is a labor delivery nurse and she tells people to have sex in the bathroom if their labor isn't progressing. Most of those that listen, stay and have their babies. Those that don't usually get sent home until their labor progresses on it's own.

Good luck...happy pushing when the time comes.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:17 AM on May. 10, 2011

• SleepingBeautee - there's no way my husband would do that right now. He hasn't been sexually interested in me for the past week, it sucks! I keep hearing that I should walk, but it seems like I have more contractions when I'm relaxing/sitting down.
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 1:26 AM on May. 10, 2011

• If their true contractions they won't go away when you relax. So rest up and drink plenty of fluid. I hope its your time! So far mine is still being stubborn.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:27 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Sounds like you're on your way! Congrats! OAN, my husband and I had sex an hour before heading to the hospital that helped enormously so if you're feeling up to it do it ;-)
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 1:31 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I hope they don't go away. I'm so done with all the false labor contractions getting me excited.
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 1:32 AM on May. 10, 2011

• You could try self-stimulation. It won't provide the added benefits of seminal fluid ripening the cervix, but the orgasm will still help with the contractions.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 4:36 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Any update?
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:24 AM on May. 10, 2011