Choosing a c-section.

Do you think it's a good idea to actually choose one over having a baby naturally? I know a lot of women think that c-sections are "easier" when they are not. I haven't had one personally but I've known women who had and from their experiences it doesn't sound pleasant at all and those women wish they could have been able to have a baby naturally but their bodies or doctors wouldn't allow it. What are your thoughts on choosing c-sections?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I have had a c-section and OMG! that is the LAST thing I would choose to do to my body on purpose...I had an emergency c-section because the baby had stopped breathing...it took FOREVER to recover, 6 years later I still don't have any feeling in that part of my body, I ended up addicted to vicodin because of the pain (Yes I know that wouldnt happen to everyone but still...) Then I had my 4 yr old vaginally with an epidural and it was so freaking easy it's not even funny lol. I don't judge people who choose to have c-sections but I do wonder if they know exactly what they are getting themselves into lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:27 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I've had 5 c-sections (in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2006 and 2010) and never had any interest in having a vaginal birth (would have done it the first time but my body had other ideas). I never had any issues with my surgeries. The last one was pretty easy. I was back to normal completely at the end of 2 weeks. And was basically back to doing my normal routine before the end of the first week but very tired and achy doing it.
    I think woman should have the choice to do what they please with their own body. It's none of my business how other woman give birth.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:33 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I would never choose one. I had an emergency c-section in 2008 and still have pain around the incision scar. I workout regularly and for a while, I was thinking that I had a hernia at the incision site.............sometimes I still have pain. I guess I'll know if a lump appears. I still have no feeling of the skin around the incision area. Its weird, because it will feel itchy, but when I scratch it...it's like I'm scratching someone else...strange.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:31 AM on May. 10, 2011

• i hated the c section i could eve hold my baby for two day i was in so much pain i wanted normal birth i went to the full 10 centimeters but when i started pushing he got stuck i had to i was so sad i pushed for 3 hours and i had alot of medical problems i almost died haveing a c section i lost alot of blood im still trying to loss the wait n it bin 6 mounths the belly it s hard to leve when you get a c section i wish i had a secound chance when i was giveing birth the contraction were no problem i handle it like a women but i just wish i could have pushed him out but hes fine and i love him
    jack90

Answer by jack90 at 1:32 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I had a c section and if I have any more I will do it again. But its because the birth of my daughter was really difficult and I honestly don't feel like I could do it naturally.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:26 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I had c section with my first after 30 hours of horrible labor....with my second i dident wanna do c section again bc its hell, so i tried vbac....well that dident happen after 16 hours of labor and 7 cm dilated they prepped me for yet another c section...preg again and now i have no choice but to opt for a c section, u get 2 chances and thats it! Some of us have no choice!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:29 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I've had one and I liked it. Mine was such a piece of cake. It was so much better than I expected. I probably won't choose to have one just bc I want to experience a vaginal birth as well if possible, but I definitely wouldn't mind having another c-section. I don't really think it's anyone's business what a mother choose to do.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:31 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I will add, though...mine was planned, and I've heard that it can make quite a difference whether or not it's planned.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:32 AM on May. 10, 2011

• bridgeetc140 yes mine is like that too, cant stand for anyone to touch it...feels weird!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:33 AM on May. 10, 2011

• The First time I had a c-section, with no choice. He wouldn't turn around and my fluids were super low. This time around I'm currently trying to decide because I have the option (at least for now)
    prettypaper

Answer by prettypaper at 2:04 AM on May. 10, 2011