I thought 3 was the max number of c-sections a woman could have?

Am I wrong?

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 1:36 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No, if u can't have a vaginal birth like me, and u get pregnant 9 times, they will do 9 c sections.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:39 AM on May. 10, 2011

• yes, limit is 4-5
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:37 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Good question..I have no idea...it might be different at every hospital..I had an emergency c-section in 2005 but then when I had my 4yr old I had a VBAC even though I had heard that once you have a c-section that's the only way they will allow you to give birth...
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:37 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Just read about a woman who has had NINE... Seriously! I guess there isn't a limit set in stone, but I think doctors advise women not to have more than 3...

Here's a link to that woman with nine c-sections, in case you're interested :)

http://manymcdaniels.com/birthstories.html

CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 1:40 AM on May. 10, 2011

• 9 isent healthy tho...sooo many risks! my dr said 5 was the limit for me!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:42 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Interesting. I ask because my aunt just had her third c-section and the doctor told her that it would be her last, she was unable to have kids vaginally because of body size.
    GomezMami2908

Comment by GomezMami2908 (original poster) at 1:43 AM on May. 10, 2011

• It not the dr it not the hospitals its our bodys!! And the scare tissue and how much, and how bad. My mother had me back in 89 and the c-sc that goes on top of the belly, in 93 she had the underwear line, and in 03 she had the belly one again!! And as for the c-sec to vag birth depends on the childs weight and the position the childs head is. EX say that i had my 1st a c-section then i got preg again and my 2nd child 6lbs roughly on my last ultra then my OB/GYN would make me push out that 6lb.
    Manda725

Answer by Manda725 at 1:55 AM on May. 10, 2011

• my mil had 5 kids... five c-sections! shes a trooper :)
    raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 2:22 AM on May. 10, 2011

• 5 is the desire limit any more and the risk for accretas and rupture - even without labor and hysterectomy increase incredibly. I've seen more then 5 done, but in each case the women had major complications
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 2:54 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I was googling your question and came across that Michelle Duggar has had her 19 children with 3 births being c-section and 13 being VBAC. WOW!

Anway, the ladies above have given you some excellent information. I've never had a c-section; my cousin's wife has had 3 and was told that was the limit, which hurt her heart because they wanted more children, so she said they've thought about adoption when their youngest is a bit older.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 4:17 AM on May. 10, 2011