Pregnancy test question...

Ok so i havent had my period since march 19th, i took a test 1 week after missed period..was neg, took test on the first it was neg....my periods come usually 1 or 2 days later of early....i fetlt like i was gonna get my period 2 days ago had little cramping but never came and cramps went away ..still is a no show! how long b4 u got a pos preg test?

btw, iv been very sleepy n slight clear disscharge other then that no period

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• go to the dr.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 1:52 AM on May. 10, 2011

• if the test says negative, then you aren't pregnant.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 2:33 AM on May. 10, 2011

• The results of a pregnancy test can be negative when you are actually pregnant if a) you took the test incorrectly, b) it had expired, c) you ovulated later than you think (not every woman ovulates exactly 14 days after the first sign of menstrual bleeding), d) you conceived later than you think (sperm can live for about 5 days inside your body and eggs can live up to 24 hours if not fertilized, with some women dropping a second egg a day or so after the first), e) you implanted later than you think (this can be anywhere from 3-8 days after fertilization). If c, d, and e are all true, it could take quite a while. A good rule of thumb is to wait 2-3 weeks after a negative test to test again if no cycle has occurred. Also, any questions and follow-up tests can and should be discussed with a physician.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 4:07 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I have missed an entire period without being pregnant. Twice. Not 2 periods in a row, I mean on two separate occasions.
    I would say if you are not seeing other symptoms, like nausea, fatigue, breast tenderness, or a very sensitive sense of smell, wait it out.
    If you do feel like you are pregnant, have a blood test done
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 8:05 AM on May. 10, 2011