Why do other women say.. ?

"You're not HIS mom, why should he get YOU something? when it comes to mother's day? No we are not our children's father's mother.. we are HIS CHILDREN's MOTHER..
Think about it.. if dad doesn't acknowledge the mother for mothers day.. are the kids? Not unless someone else teaches them to. In most cases though it should be dad's job to teach his kids to show their mother the love and appreciation they have for her. When he sits there as say comments like "You're not MY mom" it's a sign of disrespect toward you..
that's what he's teaching the children.
Okay so I know I'm venting but I've seen a lot of posts were mom's were upset that their SO or Husband pulled the "you're not my mom" card and a few mom's basically agreeing. I KNOW what its like to have an SO like that.. and I know what type of guy that is.. we aren't together anymore. But I wonder if the comments agreeing with the SO's are from women who have been soo beat down with their SO's selfishness they are actually defending it.

(sorry I accidently deleted the other post when I meant to just vote up one of the answers)

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 1:51 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• I think women say that for a few possible reasons. Maybe they were raised that way, are jealous, say it for the sake of argument, or want to make the person feel guilty for wanting to be celebrated... others are beaten down just like you said. I'm not my husband's mother, but he celebrates me for being the mother of his children. He is not my father but I get him a gift on Father's Day because he is the father of my children.. we also help our girls get one another gifts on those holidays.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 3:36 AM on May. 10, 2011

• well my ex got me a card from my one year old but the card was kind of a slap in the face... it was a grown mother with a child in diapers and another toddler drawing on the walls. the house is a mess and the mother obviously is overwhelmed... the mother is screaming "I WANT MY MOMMY!" on the inside it says "so glad i can always call on you mom" and it is signed with her first and last name (her last name is different than mine) im not sure if he thought it was just a cute card or if he thought of it as a slap in the face... when i looked at it i def thought slap in the face but i will be polite and send a thank you.
    mommy06and09

Answer by mommy06and09 at 2:12 AM on May. 10, 2011

• my ex is a douche... wouldnt allow me to talk to the kids since his cell "is for business calls only" and since he has had the phone disconnected (3mos ) this is on mothers day.. be bim his self can spend 2 hrs on it trying to come to an parenting agreement with me/my hubby.
    ANYWAYS... my step DD got to make crafts at school for mothersday and she made one for me and her mother. As her mom hungout with us for a while, She also got a hand drawn card. it was very sweet.

I think it is the foundation of children to learn that its ok to have a bigger family and to love all involved. MY EX NEVER GOT ME ANYTHING, a card here and there from the kids. in 8 yrs..lol try to chat with him about it ways from the kids... see if that helps.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 2:01 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Growing up i always remember making my mom and grandmothers something for mothers day, and then once i got older and had my own job i started buying jelwery for them too. My hubby and i are a growing family and still trying adjust with us on our own. But this year my hubby made me breakfast in bed with our lil boys hand print on a card with my lil boys writing(scribles)!!
    Manda725

Answer by Manda725 at 2:09 AM on May. 10, 2011

• my kids made mothers day presents for my mother. we got clay pots and the kids painted them. the kids also did things for me at school and my mother helped my 4 year make something for me. it was nice.
    mommy06and09

Answer by mommy06and09 at 2:20 AM on May. 10, 2011

• really???? just tried to comment and when i got done it said it was deleted...... crazy
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 1:53 AM on May. 10, 2011

• lol sorry kkbird I went to vote up someone and clicked them as best answer instead, but wanted to reopen it so I just deleted the other one and reposted it.. I only had it up for like 5 minutes too lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 2:00 AM on May. 10, 2011

• my ex is out of the picture now.. but my family are great examples for my kids.. we treat mothers day as a day to honor all mommy's. and yes, i still called his mom (kids nana) to let my 3 year old say happy mothers day to her to.
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 2:15 AM on May. 10, 2011

• "Growing up i always remember making my mom and grandmothers something for mothers day, and then once i got older and had my own job i started buying jelwery for them too. My hubby and i are a growing family and still trying adjust with us on our own. But this year my hubby made me breakfast in bed with our lil boys hand print on a card with my lil boys writing(scribles)!! "

see thats what it should be like ^^^ my ex is out of the picture but my uncle sent me flowers for mothers day (hes disabled so i do all his errands for him and hes great with the girls, hes like a second father more than an uncle) and my father took all of us girls out (my mom, me, my kids) so while they dont get it from their dad they get it from other family members.
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 2:20 AM on May. 10, 2011