I just recently started clipping coupons. Do you use coupons and do you think it's useful? On average how much do you usually save with each grocery trip?

armywife271819

Asked by armywife271819 at 2:06 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• yes.yes,yes,yes! Time consuming but saves you more money in the long run. Some people have gone out their to collect a bunch of them and made them available on websites like retailmenot.com and couponcabin.com. Google coupons for each product you're looking to buy and most, if not all, are available for you to print or automatically use for online purchases.
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 2:11 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I have only casually used them, but I really do want to get into using them more regularly. I remember my stepdad clipping coupons when I was a kid. He'd take the coupons and the store ads and make a grocery list, even if it meant he was going to ever store in town (Wal-Mart's ad-matching wasn't as big of a thing back then, lol). He only strayed from his list if there were markdowns, like the dented cans. I loved Mystery Can Night where we'd open one of the missing-label cans. Sometimes it was dogfood--oops, try again! LOL Other times it was condensed or evaporated milk--well, dessert's partially figured out! :P Dangit, now I'm crying cause I miss him...
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 2:26 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Here is an example These Items came to a total of 26.01 at walmart after coupons the new total was 6.01. The Nivea body wash was free with 3.00 off coupons.

I match them up with sales. Food I usually save 10 to 15 bucks off.

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:50 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I like using coupons. TOO BAD THAT SOME SUPERMARKETS DON'T ACCEPT THEM. There is a sign "no buy one get one free" coupons accepted" except in-store coupons.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Coupons are great! It is very time consuming, but so worth it. I have saved as much as $30 by using coupons. You can get them from your newspaper, print them from coupons.com and there is also a website called shortcuts.com where you can add coupons directly to your store loyalty card. Certain stores anyhow. I add mine to my Kroger card. Kroger also has coupons on their website that you can add to the card. If you are shopping online, I use RetailMeNot.com and OntimeDeals.com for promo codes. I shop at the Bath & Body Works website quite a bit and I am always able to find a promo code for discounts. It's all well worth it if you want to save money. :)
    Twilight_Mama

Answer by Twilight_Mama at 4:57 AM on May. 10, 2011