Help me I am stuck between a rock & a hard place?

We r having girl we want to name our girl Margaret that is my moms name well my mil name is Mrguerite...wtf?
And get this our last name is Mcgarrette

I know it's too much but what do you think...really?

Hmmm....Margaret Marguerite McGarrette...ugh

What would you do or change?
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Baby Names

• its not bad... its different.. and thats not a bad thing.. she can have something special... and it can be her name.. you could always call her m&m likie the candy lol.. but i would use it...
    babymama0000

Answer by babymama0000 at 2:40 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Margaret and Marguerite are variations of the same name, it would be like naming your child Philip Philippe, or Alexandra Alessandra. I don't think it is a good idea.

Lumina2

Answer by Lumina2 at 8:57 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Margaret and Marguerite are pretty much the same name. They are just variations, so giving your child both names is giving her the same name twice. Instead of using either one, what about using another variation of the name? Then your child will be named after both with out having the exact name of either one.

Some other variations of Margaret: Annegret, Greta, Gretchen, Margareta (all German), Madge, Margaretta, Margo (English), Mared (Welsh), Maret (Estonian), Marit, Marita, Marta (Swedish). All the names I listed can be found at behindthename.com.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 10:50 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I would see what one of their middle names is and see if that flows better.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:19 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Wow thats a mouthful! I would just do one or the other, Are you done having children? If not you could tell your mom or mil that you will use their name on the next girl Telling them Margaret Marguerite McGarrette would be her name should be enough for one of them to let you drop her name from the list.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:21 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Ditto to change the middle name. Although it is an honor to have someone named after you, it is not a necessity. The 1st two names just don't flow or sound right with each other in my opinion. Good luck.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 2:38 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I don't see nothing wrong with the name. You can always use nicknames then it wouldn't sound redundant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I'd also like to see the middle name also.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 2:31 AM on May. 10, 2011

• yeah terrible
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 2:47 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I would go with Marge, Margie, or Margo and say that you named after both. Other options derived from those names, Greta, tera/tiera,
    Maggie, or Marta,
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 2:49 PM on May. 10, 2011