Do you agree that it is OK for a doctor to let patients who pay cash on front be seen first?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• Hmmm, interesting. Money talks, and in most business's that is accepted as fact and it quite OK. But for a doctor it is not?

IDK, when it's a life or death situation, obviously no. But in a setting where you are waiting to be called? Really, why wouldn't a good business person not want to serve the person who is paying upfront and more, quicker and better than the others.

Interesting. I have never seen this happen myself.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 9:00 AM on May. 10, 2011

• i don't see why that would happen since you have to schedule visits and how would anyone but the doctor know even if it was done?
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 3:12 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Generally if a patient is paying cash, they pay more than the "contracted amount" the insurance company is going to pay him, so I understand the theory but think it's wrong. If the dr agreed to be a provider for whatever insurance, then he should treat all patient equally.

Answer by missanc at 8:09 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Absolutley not right,

Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 3:15 AM on May. 10, 2011

• This doctor has access to the charts. He once in a while browse the group of charts and picks one from the bunch not considering the scheduling but the form of payment.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:15 AM on May. 10, 2011

• ok i've never seen it done, but it's his office and his rules. report it if you don't like it
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 3:41 AM on May. 10, 2011

• No that is wrong. So wrong. Half the time the Dr. knows nothing about the billing anyway.
    mollgirl59

Answer by mollgirl59 at 5:40 AM on May. 10, 2011

• seems odd...never heard of that before. Not Right!!!! Do you like the Dr? We are the consumers and I think Dr's forget that!! I would switch Dr's if you are not happy there.
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 6:57 AM on May. 10, 2011

• No way a patient is a patient no matter how u pay
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 7:07 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I've never heard of that before either. Why would the doctor care if it's the patient or the health insurance company who is paying him? In my doctors office it's not just scheduled time but when you arrive and sign in.....if I get there 20 minutes early, i'll most likely be seen earlier than my scheduled appointment.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:43 AM on May. 10, 2011