• In the Spotlight:

this economy

I am so sick of having a tummy ache worrying if my husband wil have a job....I cant find a job......god knows if gas will go up again......Does anybody else worry?? I know we cant control it but this is scarey....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Money & Work

• Yea, it is scary. That's why I've stopped buying stuff for myself, stuff like new clothes nice tolietrees slp?? I stick to the needed stuff.
    Anonymous

• Scared isn't the word for it. I myself am unemployed. I am a divorced mother of three, with my ex wanting to get custody of the kids. I can't afford a lawyer. And without a job or vehicle(lost that in the divorce too), I am afraid that he will win. So I do NOT buy anthing for myself. I can hardly buy for them. Good Luck to all of us!!!
    My3RaysofSun

Answer by My3RaysofSun at 12:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Oh my3rays, it's very hard for a mother to lose their kids so please don't worry yourself with sick. You are providing for them right? Feeding them, cleaning them, taking them to DR. appts when needed etc? Don't let them scare you. I pray for you.

BTW, gas will go up again.
    Anonymous

• I am providing everything I can for them. I have since they were born. They are my whole life. Thanks for the prayers. I need all the help I can get.
    My3RaysofSun

Answer by My3RaysofSun at 12:37 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I'm worried sick all the time; thankfully dh has a great job and I work from home doing medical transcription but there is never anything left over to save. The prices of everything just keep rising and the pay scales stay the same. I hope it doesn't get worse; it's bad enough right now.
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I just saw an article on foxnews i think it was where they are predicting gas to drop below $25 a barrel, making prices at $1 a gallon or lower due to the economy. Thank god. I love being able to put $20 in my car and fill up now instead of $45 or $50. I feel pretty secure in my job. During our last meeting when they released our quarterly earnings they said our company was going well financially and will need no bailout. In fact, my department is so busy I have been on mandatory overtime for months, and will be for the immediate future. We are swamped. Though it is the first of the year. People have their open enrollments (health insurance) and are making lots of changes or trying to find cheaper plans. My dh works for the federal government on an army post. So far I think his job is ok.
    Anonymous

• Seriously, you can't find a job? Not even a McDonalds? It's Christmas time, there are plenty of places looking for seasonal work. Go to a temp agancy. They can help with some part time work. Any money is a help, right? My hubby and I are in pretty solid jobs, so I"m not too concerned. I also know I could get a job if necessary at Mc Donalds or Walgreens or a day care until I found another in my current industry.
    Anonymous

• well we live in Ma ,,and there are no jobs,,,,,,They dont need extra help in stores because nobody is buying ...trust me ,,,,,,,,,
    Anonymous

• I live in MA too. I'm making some good money selling Tupperware in my area. I LOVE IT!!! My hubby was laid off for 3 weeks but it now back to work. The mall near me is hiring which is nice if I needed to work right now I know I could go there if it gets really bad. I'm nervous for what tomorrow brings but I'm not scared YET!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 5:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Would you be willing to work from home? My job is going really well, and I really appreciate the benefit of the help the money brings...
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 6:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2008