what to buy a 9 yr old tom boy for christmas (not my kid)

I am trying to but my friends kids stuff for Christmas she has a 9 yr old girl that is a tom boy. I have no clue what to buy her. I don't want to ask my friend cause I want it to be a surprise. I am also having trouble with her 14yr old son as well. Anyone have an idea?

tomsmom07

Asked by tomsmom07 at 12:06 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• a skateboard? Maybe a gift card to a tom-boy friendly store like Pac Sun or Hot Topic or something...something that the mom would approve of too =)
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 12:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• gift cards
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 12:18 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• How about a gift card to a arcade place if she likes things like that. For the 14 yr old boy I would do one to like Best Buy or a game store.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 12:37 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Wow and I thought I had problems with my niece who is also a tom boy. I can only say observe her. The last time my niece was here she was playing toy guns, doing video games, and she's heavily into sports! I tried asking her what she wants for Christmas(she's 7 yrs.) and I didn't get a whole lot out of her. So this year we got her some new play clothes, a board game that she and her little brother can play, and some of those non-gendered rubber bracelets that have little sayings like "Basketball", "Awesome", and several others. It doesn't sound like a lot, and maybe it isn't, but she will most likely enjoy it! Best of wishes and Merry Christmas!
    bamamommy

Answer by bamamommy at 10:18 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I'd agree with poster who said skateboard for the tomboy.

Gift card for sure for the teen boy
    Anonymous

• yeah if the girl is into sports basketball and gift card for the teen boys never know what they are into ya know
    motherofboys333

Answer by motherofboys333 at 6:55 PM on Dec. 7, 2008