How do you know if youre water broke while you were sleeping?

I woke up and the bed was a little wet but I didn't feel like I needed to pee I go to the bathroom and pee a bit but I didn't have the I gotta go feeling. The bed wasn't soked so idk if I'm leaking or peed myself I'm 31 weeks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Urine will smell like urine. Amniotic fluid has a lighter, more sweet smell to it. That's the easiest way to tell. When in doubt, go to the ER and get checked.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 5:27 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Hubby said it smells real bad. I didn't notice lol. Woke up from my nap to use the rest room and I just felt a trickle every time I got back up so I thought I had to sit back down. Hubby said the bed was damp or soaked, but I didn't notice when I got up from the nap. He said the odor was sickening though...hth

He told me it broke...I didn't believe him so I hopped online to ask this question lol...but that was in 2001. -sigh- Memories.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 5:28 AM on May. 10, 2011

• PP - Very odd. I have never heard of amniotic fluid smelling disgusting. I know mine didn't. It smelled like sugar cookies to DH!
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 5:33 AM on May. 10, 2011

• well your contractions might get worse the bed will be wet and it will have a odor...your bed would be sooooaaaked!!!! you may have had a lil accident. But I am not a doctor so i would get checked out! :))
    raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 6:40 AM on May. 10, 2011

• If your water has broken, you are more susceptible to infection, so when in doubt get checked out. I just know that when mine broke, I was walking in the bathroom and there was no mistake because it broke into a puddle on the floor!
    Danda08

Answer by Danda08 at 7:47 AM on May. 10, 2011

• You would know if your water broke. When my water broke with my last pregnancy...i felt like i peed myself. When I went to the bathroom there was some blood. It does have a odd odor to it.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 8:46 AM on May. 10, 2011

• o u will no the diffrence when them pains hit cha lol
    momtobe522

Answer by momtobe522 at 9:47 AM on May. 11, 2011