When your baby jabs you with a limb and keeps it there, do you push (gently) to get them to move?

I was just wondering, since sometimes my JJ likes to shove his lil hands (I'm now beginning to feel the difference between hands/feet - feet hurt more) up and keep them there. Often I'm like "JJ, you can rise up against 'The Man' later, for now, keep that inside." and I'll ease it back to a non-painful position by pressing on my tummy just slightly.
When it doesn't hurt I don't bother, but when it does I try to make it stop. Am I the only one who does this? Am I not supposed to? (That second one is optional, because I'll still probably do it even if I'm not supposed to.)
On a related note; do you try to tickle them when they're pressed against your skin? I like to stroke my belly because I can feel his outline sometimes.

M.Galvan

Asked by M.Galvan at 6:27 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yup! I rub the flat of my hand in circles over it lightly until he gets the hint. He's usually very responsive and cooperates, but occasionally it seems to put him in a fit! Like "NO! I want that there" then he starts flailing around. I keep telling him "You can have all the room you want if you would just come out already." I'm 39.5 weeks and very ready.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 10:37 AM on May. 10, 2011

• If i'm uncomfortable i do genlty push to get him to move=) idK SEE what the harm is but I'm not a doctor LOL...I love rubbing my belly when he's most active and we play"hide and seek" or tap me i'll tap you back=)
    prdVirgobby

Answer by prdVirgobby at 7:30 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Oh yeah, if it's incredibly uncomfortable I used to sort of rub the place to get them to move! My girls are both healthy and good so I think it's fine!
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 7:34 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Absolutely. I had to, mine liked to hang up in my ribs- I have one that is permanently displaced from my daughter!

They're in a giant cushioned bubble, you *can not* hurt the baby by applying counter pressure.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:38 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I keep telling him "You can have all the room you want if you would just come out already."
    That made me giggle. =D
    M.Galvan

Comment by M.Galvan (original poster) at 11:36 AM on May. 10, 2011

• yes it dosent hurt them
    momtobe522

Answer by momtobe522 at 9:24 AM on May. 11, 2011