Do you find it strange?

That my ex husbands girlfriend, who he left me for, asks if I am seeing anyone yet or asks our daughter how er father and I met? I know its not because she is just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• seems a llittle strange. is she fishing for something??
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 6:52 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Maybe he's mentioned you and she's getting jealous thinking he's going to try to get you back. If you're single she may think you pose more of a threat if that is the case.
    Twilight_Mama

Answer by Twilight_Mama at 6:53 AM on May. 10, 2011

• then why is it?

i think she is super curious...maybe she thinks you're pretty & is jealous...maybe she's the type of woman who likes to size herself up to other women. She is obviously insecure...maybe she fears that you two still love each other....or maybe her SO won't answer those questions for her. i wouldn't jump to any conclusions....

OR..maybe she was just trying to make conversation if you were talking to her. People are curious cats & some are quick to ask questions most people won't.

If you don't think it's curiosity, then what do you think it is?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:54 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Why couldn't it be out of curiosity?? I know I have a different relationship with my ex's wife, but yes sometimes it is just out of curiosity, and sometimes it is finding common ground with the child. A lot of it could be guilt, with the curiosity of you seeing anyone.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:55 AM on May. 10, 2011

• THINK and Use your Power of Will
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 7:17 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I don't believe it's strange; nowadays I'd expect anything. However, I do feel it's none of her business to pry and especially inappropriate to ask your daughter such questions. You need to tell her to ask him instead of bothering you.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:23 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Why couldnt it be curiosity? Many people understand that in order to fully understand a person or situation you need to understand their past and you are a part of his past. She might want to know what drew him to you in the first place, and how things played out the way they did. As far as if you are seeing anyone else she might be fishing for him. He might want to know if you are seeing anyone else or have anyone else around his child but is too chicken to ask himself.

Answer by gemgem at 7:24 AM on May. 10, 2011

• If she stole him from you than of course she's curious. She's probobly ridiculously insecure about the relationship. His track record isn't good, and what's to stop him from doing the same thing to her! Or worse, maybe he wants to get back with you! She deserves all the insecurity and I hope it keeps her up at night, all night, every night.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 7:55 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I think that for whatever reason she just wanted to know.
    maybe you are just worrying too much.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:07 AM on May. 10, 2011