Would you be offended?

Yesterday my dh and I went out to eat at a restaurant. When our waitress came up I noticed he looked at her but didnt really mind looking dont hurt anything. But he kept saying little things about her until right before we left when i said so you think she looks good? He kind of ignored me but he had just kept on. It wouldnt have bothered me but i felt so insulted. It mightve botkhered me also cause she reminded me of a girl that he had cheated on me with a couple yrs ago. I know he wouldnt act on anything but i was just so offended. How would you feel about this? I know im prolly over reacting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• THINK and Use your Power of Will
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 7:17 AM on May. 10, 2011

• In my 20s I might have been offended because I was alot more insecure about myself back then, but now? Nope. I know my husband loves me and chose to be with me so if he wants to flirt with a waitress then go home with me Im cool with that.

Answer by gemgem at 7:19 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I dont think you are over reacting if he has cheated before....i wouldve been...but thats me....if he knew you were upset he shouldve dropped it.
    raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 7:19 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Better to be safe than sorry. I was cheated on after 25 years of marriage; we're still together, but trust is still an issue for me. I would have been offended, but I would have told him on the spot. Share your feelings with him and tell him when you're out together you'd appreciate it if the focus was on you, not some other woman. Men are immature no matter what age they are and never think before they act.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:20 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Yes that would bother me especially with a history of cheating. Use your gut...it is usually right
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 7:20 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Tell him to keep the comments to himself next time. I know mine looks occasionally and he used to comment but he knows better now. I told him I wasn't one of his buddies and I didn't feel like standing there listening to him.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 7:22 AM on May. 10, 2011

• you better tell him your feelings how you feel in such situation. and if it happens again dont pay any attention to him and simply ignore him. he will realise himself.
    Asifa

Answer by Asifa at 7:31 AM on May. 10, 2011

• They look, yes, but telling you and making comments is INSENSITIVE! You need to tell him that is not appropriate behaviour to his wife. However if I was you I would be happy that he felt comfortable enough to make these comments, I'd say it makes it less likely that he'd cheat! My husband will point out people and ask if I think she's pretty and that's just his way of making conversation half the time!
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 7:32 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Yes, if my husband cheated previously on top of that what would be his reason to continue talking about her?
    cece5000

Answer by cece5000 at 8:59 AM on May. 10, 2011

• What was he saying about here?
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 9:40 AM on May. 10, 2011