Ouch

not sure how many of you have read my recent posts, but my husband left on sunday to his mom's to get his act cleaned up. so in the meantime we're separated, technically. as hurt and upset i am about everything, i wasn't going to change my facebook status or anything. well i logged in this morning, looked at my profile and noticed it didn't say "Married to _____". so i looked at his profile, apparently he kept me as a friend, but he is "no longer listed as married".

What a slap in the face. It's only been 2 days. Would you have changed your status so quickly?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:52 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Sounds like he needs to grow up...
    1lilgirl

Answer by 1lilgirl at 7:56 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Are you sure you didn't marry a 16 year old?
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 8:55 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I'm not sure if he needs to grow up, or if maybe it's his way of acting out some hurt. I know I tend to think before I act... it could be that he just wants to be done, or that he wants to hurt you the way he feels you have hurt him. I don't know your situation, but don't judge to harshly, you don't walk in his shoes to know what he is feeling... Guys process emotions much differently than women, and even then it's hard to understand why they do what they do. It's Facebook, don't put to much validation in it....never let some stupid social networking site run your feelings. Technically you guys are separated, at least he didn't put he was single. Did he remove that he was married too? He may have just took your picture off, doesn't mean anything. Maybe you both should stay off of Facebook until you reconcile.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 8:09 AM on May. 10, 2011

• What an asshole!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:01 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Sounds like he did it to be hurtful, what an asshole!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:37 AM on May. 10, 2011

• he sounds like a complete baby.
    ILoveAsherAthan

Answer by ILoveAsherAthan at 10:17 AM on May. 10, 2011

• i know. it just doesn't make sense, unless he did it out of spite. we are still married so why remove your "married relationship status" on facebook? atleast put "separated".. but remove it altogether? i can see how badly he wants to make it work!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 8:01 AM on May. 10, 2011

• if you go to his profile it says "_____ is no longer listed as married" he removed it completely. he might as well have put he's single.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 8:18 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I read this as his wanting to hurt you the same way he is hurting. That's how men react, most of the time. He will never tell you how badly he is hurting, nor will he tell anyone else, but he will do something that lets you know. He knew this would be a knife in your heart, and it seems he was right.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:27 AM on May. 10, 2011

• it was a knife to the heart and back. he told his entire friend list that he doesn't want to be married to me anymore. that's how i view it.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 8:32 AM on May. 10, 2011