My 22 mo old has started to wake up VERY early and stands in her crib screaming Mama at the top of her lungs.

She used to sleep until 7 or 8, but recently started to get up early (5 am). I have twin babies and her screaming wakes them. I go into her room and tell her to lay down, it is sleep time. The second I walk out she starts screaming again... leaving me no other choice but to pick her up out of her crib. She goes to bed around 8 pm. Have you ever gone through this? Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• the benefit of a toddler bed is they can be taught to stay in their rooms and play until you come get them. Ds actually had an alarm in his room and when it went off at 7 he could come wake me up. It took a few weeks of practice but he eventually 'got' the process. he would wake up play, read books, most days fall back a sleep and then his alarm would wake him up.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:48 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Keep her up an extra half hour. Talk to her about the way you want her to wake up. You might have to adjust your schedule. Bummer.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:11 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Aww yes both of mine were early risers. They would get up between 5-6am so I would get up fix them some breakfast. They would usually lay back down around 8 am. I would nap with them. Now they are 9 and 10 yrs old and sometimes are up before me. I set an alarm for 6:30a and they are usually already awake and dressed for school. Good luck (c;
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 8:13 AM on May. 10, 2011

• My DS has been in a toddler bed since 15 months and I'm sure he would do the same if he couldn't get out. He always comes crawling into our bed around that time. He goes to bed at 8:30. If I am lucky I can get him to lay with me until 5:30-6. I think it's part of being a kid to get up early. Exspecially when the sun rises earlier. Maybe you can just put her in a bed she can climb in and out of so she can just come get you instead of screaming.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 8:13 AM on May. 10, 2011