Would/Could you just up and move?

On the 29th of April for what ever reason I decided I know longer felt like I wanted to be where we are know. I told DH, I want us to pack up and just leave. I just feel the pull to move away from here. Here he has a great job, pay is good, we don't have anything to worry about. But if you move things would be different of course, pay probably not as good! I keep telling him when we first started out we had nothing but we still made it, we got through, there is no reason we couldn't do it all over again. I just have this strong pull, need, feeling to leave, I don't know why but I do. DH is not sure because of the job issue, he has good friends, and frankly he doesn't like the idea of starting at a new job with people he don't know. He would have to prove himself to them, where as here he is good in is job. Maybe I am just being self fish and should just let this go. Your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Travel

• How old are your kids?

If they are school age then what you want to do could really impact them in a bad way. Uprooting them from friends & all they know for no reason at all may make them feel like things are unstable or something. I dont think its a responsible thing to do just to hop around aimlessly without a reason or anything when you have child(ren). I used to move around a lot when I was younger & it was simply awful & yes I never felt like I belonged anywhere or anything was stable for me. So I'd have to say no a very bad idea in my honest opnion.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:20 AM on May. 10, 2011

• We don't move around, we have been in the same area since having kids and I have lived in this area for 27 years. The kids are in the same school they started in. I am not talking about an area we know no one. we have family there. This would be a ppermant move.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:27 AM on May. 10, 2011

• As someone whose job is dealing with unemployment issues, I strongly, STRONGLY urge your husband to find a job before you move. Yes, things worked out for your family in the past, but times have changed and it may not be as smooth. I understand, though, the desire for a change. I hope it works out for you!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 9:44 AM on May. 10, 2011

• All I can say is wow word by word you just described the exact same thing I'm going through I've lived here for 30 years my mom died in this very house and I still stood with my dh and children I'm Feeling that strong pulling also like we need to just up and leave and the same as you we also have family there as well so we wont be completely alone I just cant be here anymore and my children feel the same its my dh that's afraid to start over :(
    mari2120

Answer by mari2120 at 10:39 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I think your pull to move is just a pull to change something, and I would strongly reconsider moving. At the very least, I would thoroughly research it and think it through. Sometimes the "geographical cure" is not worth it. What are you hoping will be different where you go? You will still be there, wherever you end up! Paint your walls a different color, get your hair cut, get a new hobby, and do some research before you pull up stakes! Good luck whatever you decide.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 10:37 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I have done that///just jumped up and left and umm wouldn't do it again. I woulda stayed and worked through my issues more. Not saying you are but is something bothering you and feel if you go away it goes away too?? cause it doesn't. If you really feel the need to live someone where why don't you rent a place for like a month or two and see how it goes (if ur money is straight like that). Take a vacation to a place you always wanted...seems like your searching for something/not fulfilled???? IDK Good luck to whatever.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 9:20 PM on May. 12, 2011

• i think i would take a vacation where this is you want to pull up stakes and move to before deciding to give up everything for it......and your dh has a point if he has a good job and your stable where you live why? would you move? ......maybe your in a funk and just need something new to focus on.....take a class or join a book club or start a new hobby....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:36 AM on May. 15, 2011