Why is it when you have a problem w/one of the President's policies you are instantly titled a tea party member aka tea bagger?

I am not talking about anything here at CM. I had this happen to me a few times. If I disagree with something the President wants to put in place I am instantly a tea party member.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• When the resident beyotch starts with the liar, bigot or racist remarks I just ignore her. She's really easy to ignore. I get labeled only on CM about the tea party when in fact I have voiced a few oppositions to them and stated numerous times I am not one of them. I think mostly just a talking point and an alinsky type tactic to be confrontational and have an in your face aggressive attitude. It's getting old, and it's simply not working anymore.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:26 AM on May. 10, 2011

• It's just how some people roll.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:17 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I think it is just a knee jerk reaction for people is all. If they cannot understand why you arent on anyone's (not just the presidents) band wagon they want to label you.

Answer by gemgem at 8:17 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Don't forget, if you disagree, you are also a racist!! I wonder what the same people said when Bush was president, what label they came up with when someone disagreed with the president.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:33 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Conservative, rightwinger,Tea Partier, Republican, racist....... They are all favorite monikers Liberals like to throw around to say you are some stupid idiot that has contributed to much of the pain and sorrow of Democrats lately and you must be neutralized.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:56 AM on May. 10, 2011

• When people don't have the ability to understand things, their knee jerk reaction is to label them and cast them as "the enemy" - liberals who call anyone who disgree with them teabagger, Christians who call anyone who isn't the "right "kind of Christian a sinner or even anti-christ, people fortunate enough to not be layed off who call anyone on any form of PA lazy. It's easier and less painful than actually examining something and attempting to understand abstract concepts which are beyond them.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:23 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Even if they have nothing to offer the debate they still have 3 cards they can pull...racist...bigot...liar. Meh....sticks and stones imo.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:39 AM on May. 10, 2011

• So that the person calling you that doesn't have to actually consider whatever point you're making. They don't want to have their faith challenged. Same thing with the abundance of racism accusations.

SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 8:57 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Its a small mind type of thing...... If you do A, B, or C you must be __________ . It shows the extreme lack of intelligence and Blinder views some have.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 10:33 AM on May. 10, 2011

• You're either a tea bagger or a republican around here. It's funny that I've been called both and belong to neither one; in fact I disagree with both of those parties on a regular basis around here LOL.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 8:29 AM on May. 10, 2011