Had the scare of my life yesterday....

I am 26 weeks with my little girl, and we have a son turning 1 this weekend. Yesterday, I went through my normal morning routine, then discovered that I was bleeding. I was so scared I couldn't breathe as I called my husband home from work and we drove to the hospital. Hours later, after bring on monitors and not eating all day, we got the news that everything was fine, there was no sign of further bleeding, and we could go home. The baby is just fine and so am I. Has anyone had this happen to them? They didn't seem to know where the blood had come from, my cervix was closed, and everything inside seemed normal.

On a side note, we didn't have anyone to leave our son with, so we had to bring him with us. 4 hours in a tiny little hospital room, missing a nap and having only 1/2 the lunch he usually had, he was amazing! Every time a nurse or doctor came in they couldn't believe there was a baby in there, he was so quiet. He played with my husband and nibbled on snacks the whole time and was sooooo good, we couldn't believe it! It made it so much easier to have him being good. Could all the hours of taking him places and teaching him good behavior actually be working already? Can a 1 year old actually learn to behave himself in a public setting this early? I honestly don't know, since he is our first, whether he is good because his daddy is a very calm, gentle person, or because we are always taking him places and using positive reinforcement with him. P.S. I'm bragging on him,I know, but I'm so proud of him I could bust :)

alphamom26

Asked by alphamom26 at 8:18 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I am glad things are ok. good luck with the baby. I am glad your ds is such a good boy! I had some bleeding too in week 4, and was really scared. I can relate.
    lamping

Answer by lamping at 8:23 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Sounds like you are doing a great job with you little one. (maybe you could teach a class lol) Glad everything is ok with your other bundle of joy. Hope today is a brighter one for you.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 8:23 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Glad everything is okay. Wish my little man was like that. By the time I got out the hospital the nurses and doctor was calling ds by his full name(call him that when he is in trouble). lol
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 9:01 AM on May. 10, 2011

• The only thing I can think of is that I know pregnant women that can stress themselves out a lot... Just make sure you are nice and relaxed to avoid anything happening to you or the baby.
    Your little man sounds like such a sweetie, I do not think mine would have done that. He is two and a half so maybe that has something to do with it. ;)
    Hope all goes well for you and your growing baby!
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 10:20 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Also there is a great website that has a ton of information about everything! Conceiving, pregnancy, newborns, toddlers, etc...

http://www.babycenter.com/
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 10:21 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I had bleeding with both of my pregnancies so I did some research. 80% of women do have a bleeding episode when pregnant. Sometimes, a tiny bit of the placenta separates and you get some blood.

Glad to hear that your son cooperated.  (If you stay calm, often your kids will too.)

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:14 AM on May. 11, 2011